lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
spread footing
Getting Wild

Default Hauler (Workhorse) Problem

All,

I am starting to dive into my 97 Hauler that I picked up and I have already encountered an issue. The cart starts no problem, I can drive it for a distance and when I stop it doesn't start again. When I step on the pedal, I can hear it whine and click, but the engine doesn't fire up. If I let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes, it comes back to life. I've been operating it in about 70 degree weather so it's not too hot out.

Mike

Last edited by spread footing; 04-23-2008 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Add Pic
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hauler (Workhorse) Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by spread footing View Post
All,

I am starting to dive into my 97 Hauler that I picked up and I have already encountered an issue. The cart starts no problem, I can drive it for a distance and when I stop it doesn't start again. When I step on the pedal, I can hear it whine and click, but the engine doesn't fire up. If I let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes, it comes back to life. I've been operating it in about 70 degree weather so it's not too hot out.

Mike
Next time it stops, tap on the solinoid with a peice of wood. If it starts quickly, then replace your solinoid.

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
spread footing
Getting Wild

Red face Re: Hauler (Workhorse) Problem

Thanks bob,

Actually if I would have spent just 5 minutes looking I would have realized that the starter belt was loose and after I drove it for a few minutes it would get even looser. I noticed the starter/generator pulley spinning like crazy and the belt wasn't engaging. Who knew!

M
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO