lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: slow starter with pedal pressed..

I'm wanting to retain the pedal start feature. I don't want to change that.
Justintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

opps I thought you wanted key start makes no never mind just get 4 new micro switch's and go fro there
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #13
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Is that diagram accurate to my 2006 ds model? There's some controversial information here. According to the diagram, There is a gray wire That runs from the key switch to the Accelerator kill limit switch. On my golf cart this wire is white with a black line. Well on my cart that wire ran directly to the Far post of the solenoid. The post with the white wire that takes off to the starter. Accurate to the diagram, there was a white and black wire (gray on the diagram) that went to the The engine kill hookup. It is connected to the micro switch. That wire is accurate on my cart. So which way is correct? Also, am I supposed to pigtail them together into the micro switch? What's the point of the switch if there pigtailed? Maybe I missed something here. Thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I don't exactly know why your starter is running slow via the key switch, as compared to jumping the solenoid,
the only thing that comes to mind is either the new solenoid is bad. or one or both battery cables may be bad.

Here is a 99 wiring diagram that is identical to your 06, and my 07!
(though the one Eric posted, is also almost identical less the wire colors!)

And yes... the 2 white w/black wires are crimped together on a single spade connector, that is attached to the top lug of the bottom micro.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95gaswiring.jpg (303.9 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #15
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Well, I found a missing piece of the puzzle. The fuse box was taken out of mine. I can see where it used to be but it's not there anymore. That explains the wrong wire location, barrel connectors and wire splices.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Why the heck would anyone remove the fuse block?

(don't bother answering that... )
Old 03-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #17
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

We both know the answer to that one...

Well, I finished putting in all the new wiring throughout. Along with the wires I put in 4 new micro switches, new battery wires and a new solenoid. I put in a new fuse block. I took a dremel and cleaned all the ground locations. I cleaned the prongs on the back of key switch with the dremel and assembled everything back up. The end results...... A golf cart that not only started by the pedal.. but fired up with no choke on the 4th or 5th revolution! This is a engine than has sat for 2+ years! I am so happy! I'm glad there's good knowledgeable people here! Thank you! I'm sure I'll be back soon. Hopefully for less serious issues. Lol
Old 03-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #18
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintroy View Post
We both know the answer to that one...

Well, I finished putting in all the new wiring throughout. Along with the wires I put in 4 new micro switches, new battery wires and a new solenoid. I put in a new fuse block. I took a dremel and cleaned all the ground locations. I cleaned the prongs on the back of key switch with the dremel and assembled everything back up. The end results...... A golf cart that not only started by the pedal.. but fired up with no choke on the 4th or 5th revolution! This is a engine than has sat for 2+ years! I am so happy! I'm glad there's good knowledgeable people here! Thank you! I'm sure I'll be back soon. Hopefully for less serious issues. Lol
Outstanding
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrews331@msn.com View Post
Outstanding

X2!

Tags
cables, solenoid, stare generator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car