lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Crank case gasket specs, torque and precautions? Snubber bracket questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I bet he removed the whole rear end / pan out of the car and the engine is still attached to that whole rolling subframe
Yup!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 10:19 PM   #12
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Crank case gasket specs, torque and precautions? Snubber bracket questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I bet he removed the whole rear end / pan out of the car and the engine is still attached to that whole rolling subframe
You're exactly right. Its my first time working on a golf cart. So I'm kind of going along at a "how does every one else do this" mentality. Lol

I ended up taking the engine out of the engine pan/mount. I'm going to take my pan to work tomorrow and have it black coated in the dip tank. It will be nice and spiffy after that. As for the engine. I got it apart and got the new gasket and copper coat on there. I misread the diagram and thought it said my first torque set was to be 125 ft pounds. Which was really stupid of me. I caught myself while I was tightening and stopped. I'll pull one bolt at a time tomorrow and check to see if I stripped any out. I did a conversion on ft lbs to in lbs. Apparently 20 ft lbs is 250 in lbs. Well none of my bolts would "click" at 20 ft pounds. I still don't really trust my torque wrench though . So I'm going to buy a new in lb torque wrench tomorrow. Just to make sure they are all where they need to be.

I'm going to change my transmission fluid while I have it out and convenient. I've read two things. 30 weight or 90 weight. Do yall know which one? Thanks.
Justintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:36 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

80w-90 gear oil! (30 SAE is for electric CC's!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crankcase gasket, torque specs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car