lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
millertime302
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 cc popping back through carb

I got a 97 gas club car. Last Sept I put a new coil in. Ran good to the end of camp season. Took it back out Easter weekend. Ran fine, this weekend it started cutting out soon as it warmed up. Its popping out of the carb. Loses power. Got spark, good gas, filters all good. I took carb apart and cleaned it. Still doing it. Spark plug is getting black I clean it and it turns black soon as I run it. I put seafoam in the carb to clean will running it, nothing. Can't figure it out. Is it valve problems or maybe the rpm box in front of motor.
millertime302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 cc popping back through carb

RPM limiter I an easy (and FREE) thing to try. Disconnect the ground lead - the wire bolted down with one of the Limiter box hold down bolts. Isolate that lead with a bit of electrical tape if needed, to keep it from touching ground while you try it out. The cart will work without it, and should still have the mechanical governor to protect from over revving the engine. If that fixes your problem you're good to go! If not then there are valve lash adjustments and carb vent tubes to check out.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
millertime302
Not Yet Wild

I tried disconnecting the ground, didn't help.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the vent tube still connected to the side of the carb? It runs from the forward facing side of the carb, right next to the mix adjustment screw, and is often run down to a hole on a frame crossover. The "open" end of the hose can become plugged with dirt and cause fuel flooding. In extreme cases I've seen them actually fill the air cleaner housing.

If that's not it, try pulling the valve cover and adjusting the valve lash: loosen the lock nut and turn in the adjusting screw till it just seats (light touch!) then back off 1/4 turn and tighten the adjusting nut back down.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
millertime302
Not Yet Wild

Ya the vent tube is open. I will try adjusting the valves next weekend. If that doesn't work,I will pull the head off to see what it looks like under there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car