lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default gas in oil

New problem, having recently changed all my fuel lines and the pulse line the new lines are a yellow semi clear line which I immediately liked because I could always see fuel in the lines never had to guess. So I have been having charging issues so I had some tonight and with a few beers I decided I would mess with it. I pulled the seat off and immediately realized the pulse line had oil halfway up it, I remembered reading somewhere that if the pulse line had to much belly in it this could happen so I shortened it "without" pouring out what was in it. Reconnected it checked the oil couldn't even see it on the stick it was there but thin and clear smelled it thought I detected gas went back to the pulse line disconnected and dumped it on the shop floor ran out like water, pushed the cart back and touched a lighter to it and yes it went off. So now I'm sure gas in oil, everything I read points to a dirty float but one referenced a dirty fuel pump. Plug is fouled still got spark but way to much fuel shooting out the empty hole. I don't get the dirt though with two quality in line fuel filters. Another question I have to drain the oil my question is the oil filter has like 10 hrs on it do I have to change that. Also is there another reason I would have gas in the oil?
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: gas in oil

Change the filter . There like a few dollars. I think I paid like $1.70 for a hastings filter in a rock auto order.

And yes your possibly correct a hung float or a worn needle. Or you could have a bad diaphragm in the pump letting fuel pass?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Change the filter . There like a few dollars. I think I paid like $1.70 for a hastings filter in a rock auto order.

And yes your possibly correct a hung float or a worn needle. Or you could have a bad diaphragm in the pump letting fuel pass?
I was only kidding about the filter lol but about the pump even if it was the pump shouldn't the float stop the fuel anyway. I guess Ill find out tomorrow
Old 06-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

oil-gas.JPG

This is what came out of my FE350 gas/oil mix LOL
Old 06-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Again this has happened, I will change the oil again but I am at a loss as to what to do next. I did clean the carb and will do it again tomorrow but nothing jumped out the first time I did it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Years ago I had a corviar that leaked about a qt of oil every 100 miles or less. One day I was taking a trip of about 150 miles, every time I stopped to ckeck the oil it was good, then I noticed I was gaining oil. when I got to where I was going I began checking things, the oil smelled like gas and was real thin., the fuel pump was leaking gas to the oil.

Not sure how these cart engines at set up.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:43 AM   #7
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Years ago I had a corviar that leaked about a qt of oil every 100 miles or less. One day I was taking a trip of about 150 miles, every time I stopped to ckeck the oil it was good, then I noticed I was gaining oil. when I got to where I was going I began checking things, the oil smelled like gas and was real thin., the fuel pump was leaking gas to the oil.

Not sure how these cart engines at set up.
I do have another new fuel pump which I think I will change because even with the cart off the fuel runs like water and somehow I don't think it should I mean what would I need a pulse line for but in my head the float should shut the fuel flow off once the bowel fills
Old 06-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #8
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Okay installed new fuel pump, changed oil and filter again, and took the carb off again to clean this time found quite a bit of dirt in the float bowel cleaned it well attempted to start very difficult initially, eventually after blowing a lot of smoke (from being flooded so badly I am guessing) it ran correctly. Afterwards I removed the fuel line to the carb and after an initial small stream it was just drips. Prior fuel pump it was a steady stream for as long as you held it down. I really hope this was the issue because I really am tired of taking this thing apart. Time will tell I am gonna let it sit for several hours, pull the plug and if it shoots a pint of fuel on the windshield I'm going to put a match to it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car