lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 governor adjustment/speed spring ??

I completely bypass the governors on my carts. Hook the pedal cable directly to the carb. and do away with the small cable coming off the governor. You just have to be a little mindful of your rpm's and don't run it wide open for long periods of time.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #12
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I completely bypass the governors on my carts. Hook the pedal cable directly to the carb. and do away with the small cable coming off the governor. You just have to be a little mindful of your rpm's and don't run it wide open for long periods of time.
i havent had as many carts as spriddle but those are my thoughts exactly.bypassing the governor has made the biggest speed difference in my Yammi.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
milehighbj
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

When you guys say to not run WOT for a long period of time, how do you define long period of time...10 mins straight, 30 min?

Also, I have the speed spring with 10mm turned in and my G9 GPS's 21-22 on flat ground with all stock rims/tires.
milehighbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
stevebutler
Not Yet Wild

From another forum, I found out how to bypass the governor. I removed the throttle cable from the governor, got rid of the cable between the governor and carb & re routed the throttle cable back directly to the carb.

Pedal & cables adjusted. Carb opens up all the way when the pedal is at the floor BUT, still no more top end or RPM..???

Am I missing a step? Is there something else that would limit speed & RPM after disconnecting the governor.
stevebutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would consider calling Don at Plowman's. about 2 years ago I lifted my G16, and he did me right with the recommended torque spring and sheave. He has several different springs according to your location, driving area, mods to the cart, etc. I'm in the process of pulling the parts off of my cart for the hot set up now. what I really like is that Don or someone at Plowman's actually listens to what you want out of the cart, and what you've previously done. Just my humble opinion.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha