lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart moves slow

Hang tight - Dave should be along soon and he has a way of providing manuals or diagrams for almost anything Marathon that ails you!

As to the issue at hand, if it's a matter of bound bearings or brakes, by the time the resistance became enough to make the clutch start sounding off, the engine RPM's would be struggling too... I'm leaning towards clutch myself, based on the symptoms.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately EZGO are remarkably reticent about service information for the drive clutch claiming that the unit is balanced and cannot be repaired. Basically there is nothing you can do with a broken one other than replace it. However there are repair kits available for the driven clutch. It will require you to have a press or a strong buddy who can help you compress the clutch so you can remove the locking clip. Then it is important to ensure that you release the flange gently so the spring does not fly off and remove your teeth.
I think what I would do is to remove the drive belt and start the engine. BE CAREFUL IT IS EASY TO OVERREV THE ENGINE WHEN IT HAS NO LOAD. Now does the clutch wind in and out with no noises? If so we need to look at the driven clutch. Now here are three pieces of good news 1. The driven clutch is easy to remove as opposed to the drive clutch which is a nightmare. 2. If you wanted to take the soft option and replace the clutch you can get one here
http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-845...2cy-76-88.aspx
They are site sponsors and you can get 5% off if you use the code BG WILD
3. You can get repair parts for the driven clutch.

I have just replaced my driven clutch and I had the same symptoms as you. The new clutch has made a huge difference.
So I suggest that you establish which (if any) clutch is giving you grief and we can take it from there.

Good Luck
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
golfdad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for all the info it helps a lot. I removed the drive belt and it makes noises going in and out still. I removed the tires and the axle spins just fine i think the brakes are little tight but i dont know how tight or lose they should be? I would think like a car but i could be wrong it's happend before just dont tell the wife. once again thank for all the help
golfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO