lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Aluminum on crank

Just don't drink it and you'll be fine.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
patmcfann
Getting Wild

Yamaha

i had a machine shop clean mine i was worried about it not being polished enough to work properly plus making crank prone to rusting with the acid
patmcfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Macineshop = bearings in and never aluminium on the rod

No kidding & no offence:
I don't understand why you people in the US don't if the engine is already open......

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Just for future reference, the muriatic acid on the crank to remove the aluminum worked for me. I took a very soft bristled wire brush and carb. cleaner and lighlty brushed the aluminum to expose it and cleaned it with carb. cleaner. Using a small medicine dropper I applied the acid to the crank a little at the time. The acid slowly ate away the aluminum turning it black as it removed it. I was careful not to let it sit long and reapplied and removed it as needed until the crank was clean. I then took a very well used pieced of fine emery cloth lubed with motor oil to bring the shine back to the crank journals. After all was said and done a mic showed the crank to be well in tolerance. I'm not sayin it is not going to hurt anything I'm just sayin it worked for me.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Just for future reference, the muriatic acid on the crank to remove the aluminum worked for me. I took a very soft bristled wire brush and carb. cleaner and lighlty brushed the aluminum to expose it and cleaned it with carb. cleaner. Using a small medicine dropper I applied the acid to the crank a little at the time. The acid slowly ate away the aluminum turning it black as it removed it. I was careful not to let it sit long and reapplied and removed it as needed until the crank was clean. I then took a very well used pieced of fine emery cloth lubed with motor oil to bring the shine back to the crank journals. After all was said and done a mic showed the crank to be well in tolerance. I'm not sayin it is not going to hurt anything I'm just sayin it worked for me.

Glad you got her cleaned up & polished out

BM
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #16
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

She's runnin like a champ Mule.... I took some good notes from Tom and I went out to build on my own and so far so good...( knock on wood )... Good talkin to ya!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO