lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 ST Sport II

Yep! It's a 4 cycle. Nice strong engine
You can go here,
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-gas-tech/
And get some more info on the engine and other things.

Congrats
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
mjf1604
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for my abbreviation when I said 2cycl I meant 2 cylinder. It is most definitely a 4 stroke. The dip stick for the main sump is on the passenger side of the vehicle, toward the front of the engine.

Also the oil filter, is on the opposite side at the bottom ( a triangular plate) it can be removed by 3 small bolts. Note this filter is cleanable, in petrol (gas) or similar solvent, and needn't be replaced annually. Replace only you see necessary, maybe every 5 years or so. Great motor, just check the cam belt, mine was surprisingly worn worn after just 650 hours, worth replacing as belt is only $12, and a top end rebuild would cost hundreds, if not a thousand bucks!
mjf1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #13
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am sure relieved to find out it is a 4 stroke I remember from my younger years the hassle of a 2 stroke. Got a chance to drive it a little bit. Found it running kinda funky and smoking quite a bit from time to time. Pulled the plugs and gave them a good cleaning. Checked the oil level and had to drain about 1/2 a quart of oil. Running much better now. Plenty of power. I will try the governer adjust in a day or two. I will do some thorough maint. after the holidays. Another reason I'm glad it is a 4 stroke is I want to keep it running not start every time you step on the gas. I know there is a thread on here somewhere that I read that explained how to do it. In the mean time thanks for the help and comments. Oh, and essness, I had already found the ez go tech tips, thanks. I am very glad I found this forum, I had looked at and joined a few when we got our first cart a couple of months ago but BGW, by far has the best information and doesn't have the bickering I have seen on others. Maybe one day I will have answers instead of questions for the members. Keep Kartin.
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Glad you found us Taz. Trust me, the bickering's here, ya just have to find it If you have any trouble finding it, just let me know and I'll pick a fight with Scottyb.

Get us some pictures of your cart
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO