lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No start gas in air box plugs covered in clear liquid

Pulser read at 18 ohms. So changed the Pulser so now what? There is hardly anything left that's not new or rebuilt!!
catsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
kaolinemine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

do you have fire at spark plugs,? If not check for power to the coil , If you got that , check to see if the fire is being "winked" by the ignition control module, also make sure you havent had a wire to become unplugged at the ignition module/starter solenoid area(i did that one time). Make sure they are good connections also (tiight). If you have these items happening and still no fire I would suspect a bad coil. (I assume you are having a no fire at plugs situation)If that is not the case , tell us what you do and dont have and we can go from there.
kaolinemine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #13
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Latest update/problem. I fix everything I can do under the sun. It should run but guess what it doesn't. I have spark. I have compression. I have fresh fuel. Fuel is in bowl. I took off the muffler to see if that would help. It didn't.

What's left?!?!? Only thing not new is ignition coil (in ezgo's specs and makes a pretty blue spark) and a carb. I clean the carb and still no start.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Will it run if you spray it? Stop the fuel flow to it and spray with some carb. cleaner to see if it will pick up and run on it's own. Just hold the acc. and spray to see if it will pick up and throttle up as you feed the carb. cleaner into the carb. If it will, you know the coil and the other parts are fine and poss. can narrow it down to the carb.... Just don't know, and trying to help you eliminate some problems.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #15
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello,

I don't know if your ignition works the same as my PVL system does.
My ignition gets a spark every 360, so one is firing and one is a loose firing.
On my engine you can make the engine spark at the lower turning point, so 180 offsett.
If that's possible with your basic engine, you could have faund the problem.

Is your spark coming from a battery or direct from the ignition. Does it run without a battery when it's already running?
When it doesn't, the battery could be to weak at starting to give also a spark at the same time.
Try another or extra battery.

Another possibillity could be not sparking under pressure, so in the cylinder no spark.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Will it run if you spray it? Stop the fuel flow to it and spray with some carb. cleaner to see if it will pick up and run on it's own. Just hold the acc. and spray to see if it will pick up and throttle up as you feed the carb. cleaner into the carb. If it will, you know the coil and the other parts are fine and poss. can narrow it down to the carb.... Just don't know, and trying to help you eliminate some problems.
Okay, did that. It ran until it ran.
I changed all my hoses from tank to carb and from case to pump. I did this twice. Still did the same thing. I assume now there would be a leak somewhere on the engine it's self like on the crank case cover or something?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsnw View Post
Okay, did that. It ran until it ran.
I changed all my hoses from tank to carb and from case to pump. I did this twice. Still did the same thing. I assume now there would be a leak somewhere on the engine it's self like on the crank case cover or something?
Jumping in a bit late in the conversation and I'm sorry if I restate something but what color is the spark? You may have a weak spark. You may also be flooding it...doesn't take much to get too much to ignite.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #18
kaolinemine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a thought, when you press the gas pedal, the linkage is actually opening the carb up. also make sure its not jacking it wide open just time you press gas pedal. Has to do with carbs ability to draft gas in, may not even be close just something i have found in the past.
kaolinemine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb05 View Post
Jumping in a bit late in the conversation and I'm sorry if I restate something but what color is the spark? You may have a weak spark. You may also be flooding it...doesn't take much to get too much to ignite.
O K So we are running on spray just fine. So the other components must be fine... coil, pulsar etc.... What steve said is kinda where I was headed. Is it possible the carb. may be flooding it. Too much fuel is all that is coming to mind. If you have proper fire, comp., gas and your timing and valves are right then it should run. I'm takin a stab at it and thinkin it's poss. a fuel delivery prob.. whether it is too much or not enough. Seein as it runs fine with spray, that's my best guess from what I'm reading. Good Luck, and hang in there.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well ok then. I guess I will look into fuel.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO