lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
squiggy
Not Yet Wild

Default GOOD new guy story!

NEW guy! It starts 15 yrs. ago in ohio! was headn to kenton coon dog trials!(super bowl for huntn dogs) its 2 hrs away,60 acres of flee market with everything under the sun,ride around on a golf cart drinkn beer(leagally) I didnt have a cart,but my buddy did,so i barrowed it (88 ezgo 4" lift). an hour into the drive there my buddy riden with me (not the one letting me barrow cart)said i dont think the golf cart is on trailer! yep hes right turned around went back 5 miles there it was on the side of the road! it had jump off the trailer at 60 mph! lets say it was tweaked,no ALOT!,steering wheel gone,rim bent,spring snaped off, seats bent all the way back! the front cowl was the worst! now this is 8" tall normally !mine is 2"!(spit the cd player outa dash hanging by wires! now this is a barrowed cart! called em up and said ur golf cart jumped off my trailer at 60 mph,and i could fix it but this thing will never be right! how about i replace it! What do you want same thing he said! now i found way nicer carts cheap but he want the same! but not lifted! ok now found a 90 3PG new seat ,tires,motor,canopy, 1,500 dallors! he is still happy to this day nicer cart? or cuz i made it right? now i started fixn this thing up now il have pictures asap! thank you and hope u liked the story!
squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
littlecarguy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GOOD new guy story!

I like the story, especially the part about you making it right. I have never had anybody borrow from me and make it right. They usually say, sorry this broke. Hence the motto "neither a borrower nor a lender be".
littlecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Right, it is cool he made it right

But 2 lessons learned ~ 1st secure Chit on the trailer like you want it still there after an accident... and second, every time you borrow something look at it like 'am I willing to buy a new one and wind up with this if something goes wrong?'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

story was kind of hard to read, but let me get this straight,
You are now going to fix up the cart that flew off the trailer?
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
story was kind of hard to read, but let me get this straight,
You are now going to fix up the cart that flew off the trailer?
No, he had to spend $1500 to keep a friendship
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I thought he bought a new trailer with higher sides to keep his new cart from coming off

J/K, nice story Got any pics for us?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

actually some of those AZBOO bondage straps would have held it down.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
wish2fish
Gone Wild

welcome but where is your modesty?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #9
squiggy
Not Yet Wild

Well ya! IM GONA FIX IT! i put 300 in it rightaway Steering wheel,rim,spring,striaghtn the front axle! Now my father is 85 now then he was 70 which was 15 yrs ago! after fixing it i told my father theres a golf cart out there you can use but you have to store it! He said ( I DONT NEED A GOLF CART!) welllllllllllllll! (dad has 8 acres) and lets say there hasnt been a day that my dad or my step mom have not ridden
it to at least get the mail for the last fifteen years! founda nice dump bed(bed only no tailgate but had some frame on it) and grafted it on there! not sure what the bed was off of (think gator) elecric dump with hydralic cyclinder and i had it dumping 12 yrs ago! 6 years ago hada rebuild the engine! So after fifteen years of GOOD service ,60 mph jump off my trailer,and aheart(2pg) trans plant! HELL THIS THING ISNT GONA DIE!! ................ now the hood- dash-cowl iv straightned the best i could but............ya ever smash a pop can then descide you wanta straightn it back out! it aint gona happen! so i bought workhorse front end to put on!( im a big mopar fan and it look just like a dodgepickup no?)made nice pipe bumper(with winch) moved the front foreword 2'' lifted it 8".smaller belt,uni filter,HEI conversion,2pg stayn! Cuz i found this awsome web site where guys might have a terd 2pg marathon but witha a little polishing.....well ya ever polish a terd? you end up doing something you never done, sometimes seems impossible,a smile on your face and your hands covered in s#!t Well its good to know theres guys out there that are just as demented as I! thanks guys ill have pictures ASAP!
squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #10
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW squiggy Nice write up
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2pg, ezgo, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO