lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
Snagwire
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez-go st350 camo

Hi guys I just bought a ez-go st 350 camo. It runs but won't go faster then walking speed? I was told it needs a clutch,

My question is how do I make sure thats the issue an is it rebuildable?

Thanks for reading an would appreciate any help I could get. Steve
Snagwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Snagwire
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez-go st350 camo has no power?????????

[QUOTE=Snagwire;567848]Hi guys I just bought a ez-go st 350 camo. It runs but won't go faster then walking speed? I was told it needs a clutch,

My question is how do I make sure thats the issue an is.

Is there an after market clutch I could get for more performance? Thanks

I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks steve
Old 05-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-go st350 camo

I doubt if your issue is a clutch but I suggest that you get the back end up on axle stands and then get someone to gently accelerate and watch the clutches. The drive clutch should start open and then close as the engine speed increases and the driven should do the reverse. DO NOT OVER REV THE ENGINE. Now do the clutches do what they should?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Snagwire
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez-go st350 camo

Thanks Dave for your help, this probly sounds dum but witch one are you calling the drive clutch? Ok I jacked the rear up an gave it gas, after it warmed up and it did excellerate. An the front clutch closes as it goes faster an the rear clutch exspanse an does not close until I let off the gas, but it would only excelarate about every 1 outta 10 times I pressed the gas, so I thought maybe it was bad fuel so I hooked up a separate fuel tank an it continued to do the same thing. So I Was planning to clean the carb, and I'm just hopping I'll have some sort of progress, But like I said these carts are all new to me.

P.S. I made a Litle video of it but I don't no how to post it.
Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO