lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Primary clutch Face Question

I know that the issue of a glazed or shiny primary clutch sheave surface has been addressed before, but I have a couple of questions about my G16.If I can't get a hold of emory cloth, what grit paper would you guys suggest to scuff the sheave surface. Also, when scuffing, do I need to go in circles around the sheave face similar to when they are machined? I have a Plowman's belt and secondary sheave, but am starting to get some belt squeal. I'm hoping to install a BB soon, and am not sure if I should replace the stock clutch or wait until I see what is needed for the engine swap. I'm also going to inspect/replace the rollers as needed with some good ones from one of the site sponsors. Thanks for the help.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Primary clutch Face Question

I would use around 120 grit and I don't think sanding direction is very important. Make sure not to get abrasive in the moving parts of the clutch.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I think I'm actually going to pull the clutch and send it to Plowman's for refurb. I don't know when or if the BB conversion is going to happen, and my original clutch appears to be in decent shape. Plowman's does the refurb work for a reasonable price, and I know it will be done right. I'm sure my work won't be as good as theirs, and there are certain thing that I would rather not cut corners on. Plus my wife gave me the ok to get the clutch done, which makes things much easier.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

You will not be disappointed, Plowman's does very good work.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's what I was thinking when I thought about this primary clutch more. I called and spoke with don, and the hot set up seems like the best way to go. I could buy almost all the parts separately at other places, but I like the fact that Don factors in what mods are on the cart already as well as where the cart is used and your driving style.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha