lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #11
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 repairs (pics)

Is it okay to use rubber line instead of the stock online for gas and oil delivery?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'm not sure what the chemical make up of the fuel line is..... but I go to the local hardware and buy the proper diameter fuel hose to replace all the existing lines, replace the pump with one from the hardware store like heavy suggested.

Now you know that your fuel delivery is clean to the carb and if you still have issues, it's in the carb or the motor, easy
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks Ess! I just talked to the local mower shop and I was told rubber fuel line will do just fine and hose composition won't be a problem for oil and gas...
Old 01-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

How prime oil pump?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
How prime oil pump?
I dont know the answer to that but I would premix in the tank for the first run in 4 years. Then you have the opportunity to make sure the oil pump is still working without harming the motor.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You might want to consider just premixing the fuel and oil. This way you know the engine is getting the correct mixture each time. I removed the oil pump on mine out of the fear that the pump would fail and I would cook the engine.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I am going to do that Ess. I will let it run on premix until all the bubbles are out. Going to start with about 2 gallons until i see good flow. Ed, these pumps are run by a worm gear. I have never seen one these pumps fail... Im sure some have but, I may take my chances. That injector puts between 150:1 and 300:1.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

something to think about. the oil injection system isnt great at least i saw it to be bad and give more problems then it was worth so disconected everything and took it all out and capped a few hose lines and been mixing 1 1/2 oz of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas. Funny but the cart dont like all 2 cycle oils it likes, yamalube and belray and golden specto but put something like pensoil and others or the stuff from walmart the cart will sputter. It was the best mod i made in my opinion. the second best was switch to a champion plug and never fouled a plug since. just cross ref the NGK to champion. G/L good project
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

just my opinion been having 2 stroke mx bikes since a kid and 150-300 to 1 is to lean for the cart. 1 1/2 oz per gallon, you can lighten it some but dont go under 1 oz prob if your a speed deamong go with 1 1/2 oz and a grandma...hehe go lighter. i like the smell of golden specto but the good old yamlube runs the best in the cart.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

sorry to bust in on your thread. this fuel line is nice. dont quote me on the size because i forget the right size but 1/4id sounds right, this stuff is really nice and the nice thing is it fits so snug there is no need for clamps. its really plyable but it does not kink, and looks cool to. I guess i am giveing this seller some free advertizment... but http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-ID-x-3-8...item1e6e9a3d05
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha