lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rebuilt motor still doesn't run....

Since you replaced the rings and in effect upped your compression, the spark plug that worked fine with lower compression may not work now! Trying a new plug would be my first suggestion too!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

The plug is about a year old. I have to wait untill monday to get a new plug...that's what happens when you live in the woods I will give an update whe i get a new plug
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You have to ground the frame. The engine is not mounted to the frame its a cradle/swingarm so nothing electrical is really on the frame. You will blow the fuses with no frame ground. Its best to wire the lights' ground to the battery but some lights you can't so be sure to put a cable from batt ground to the frame.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 AM   #14
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

After a new coil it still will not run over an idle. I called eveything carts and talked to their troubleshooting person. He told me that it was the ignitor. What does the ignitor do? Isthere any was to test or to see if that is definitly the problem? And if I do need one, where is the most inexpensive place to get one? Thank you guys for all the help. Been a fustrating project. Two months just waiting for parts.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #15
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, it is probably an ignitor issue. If you can "borrow" a good and tested ignitor, try to swap it. A faulty ignitor will not respond to a higher rpm.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #16
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

fresh rebuilt? whats your version of a quick rebuild?
compression check?
did you check the valve lash settings?
did you make sure the easy things are done first to help with gathering data? as in new plug, check cam timing, if correct check valve lash and adjust if needed, check ohms on coil? (doubtful its coil, I'd bet you made a simple rebuild boo-boo (valve lash or timing) and have no data to pinpoint where the boo-boo is)
did you rebuild the carb with knowledge or is it a open it up, clean the bowl rebuild? idle circuit sounds clean, is the main jet and emulsion tube clean?
we need more data
TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by andcon83 View Post
G14. Fuel line squirts out gas very well. Has good compression. Just put new ring in it, the starter has a hard time turning it over. I'm starting to lean towards an electrical problem. What electrical part does everyone have the most problem with??
ok, I am not trying to be mean, but you dont sound like you have the knowledge or experience there to rebuild the motor.
I'm guessing now that you bought a ring kit, put it on w/o filing the ends and now the scrub pressure is to much which hinders starting rotation speed and revving of the motor. If you did not check ring end gap, take it apart now before you do more damage and hope the cylinder is ok.
Did you hone the cylinder before install?
TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by andcon83 View Post
G14. Fuel line squirts out gas very well. Has good compression. Just put new ring in it, the starter has a hard time turning it over. I'm starting to lean towards an electrical problem. What electrical part does everyone have the most problem with??
For a G14, a good compression should be over 140 psi. Squirt some engine oil on top of the cylinder before you put on the cylinder head. Then try to turn engine by hand. It should rotate with some pressure. Otherwise, the starter will have difficulty turning the engine.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #19
djbanaszak
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Check your valves!!!!!
djbanaszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPowderCoater View Post
ok, I am not trying to be mean, but you dont sound like you have the knowledge or experience there to rebuild the motor.
I'm guessing now that you bought a ring kit, put it on w/o filing the ends and now the scrub pressure is to much which hinders starting rotation speed and revving of the motor. If you did not check ring end gap, take it apart now before you do more damage and hope the cylinder is ok.
Did you hone the cylinder before install?
Sorry I am not at the mechanical aptitude that you are. I have rebuilt diesel engines, rear-ends, and other heavy equiptment related parts.

How do you check ring end gap? What is scrub pressure? Again, sorry I do not have the knowledge, but I am trying to learn. The cylinder was in great condition.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha