lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G 14 breather question

I have a 96 g14 with stock motor. Redone the head with new valves and springs.Have installed Plowman's secondary clutch sheaves ,belt, spring ,his muffler,and his larger jets. He said to remove the outer cover on filter . I asked him what he thought about getting a less restrictive breather as I tried running it with no breather and had a lot more pickup. This was just to see how it ran . He said it would make it run lean. The exhaust should be less restrictive with the new muffler . When we re-jet our motorcycles with larger jets and put on more open intakes and pipes they run a lot better.

Just wanted to know what some on here think about putting something like a cone type breather on it to let more air in and get better pickup. To me with the jets larger now it needs more air to go with the open exhaust.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G 14 breather question

they (yami 4-cycle engines) need a little restriction in the intake system, the engineers put some time into designing the airbox. they will spit and backfire without it. try this experiment to see for yourself, take the rubber pipe off the carb, jack up the rearend, run it at full pedal. now watch fuel spit out of the intake of the carb in between each combustion cycle. That cant be helping....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will give that a try to see but with these larger jets that is in my carb now it sure has more pickup. I run it all over for a little while with no backfiring or sputtering at all. Not like it did at one time before with stock jets and a leak in the stock air box top.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Plowmans does some mods the the air box when they rejet and do an air filter. I have it posted what they told me to do , if you can't find it on here I will a little later. Check under LURCH or my build.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Lurch all he told me to do was remove the outer foam cover off the filter. This is for the stock breather. No other mods.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha