lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Redparrott727
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help Diagnosing Yamaha G2 Gas, first smoked, now oil out of carb

Hi, i'm a new person on this forum seeking help, i have a yamaha g2 golf cart, for about a year now it has smoked and burned oil, and now just yesterday i took it for a ride and i came back and parked, not a problem, then go to start it again and i believe it is backfiring, and it almost looks as though a mist of oil is backfiring out of the carb? any guesses to what i should check first?
Redparrott727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help Diagnosing Yamaha G2 Gas, first smoked, now oil out of carb

It sounds like your oil ring is bad, might be time for new rings, a rebuild or a clone engine swap.

The first thing you might want to do though is change the oil and make sure there is only one quart of oil in it, sometimes the dipsticks don't read right, especially if your cart is lifted.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Redparrott727
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help Diagnosing Yamaha G2 Gas, first smoked, now oil out of carb

I did add some oil right before I left for the long ride, But i would have figured the extra oil would have caused it to act up right away as opposed to later on after it cooled off? Also would anyone happen to know where the oil drain bolt is on these? That and does anyone have access to a yamaha g2 repair manual? I appreciate the help
Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Pm me an email address and I'll help you out with the manuals.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oil plug is a bolt just like a cart on bottom of pan, part of the block in this case, should be easy to locate under cart unless you have some kind of shield under the cart. Some had them.

Too much oil will puke out into the air filter and make a big mess.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
Redparrott727
Not Yet Wild

I'm still not sure to figure out how to pm yet but when i figure it out i will, thanks Honorostick. Also I have an update, I drained the oil and put 1 quart in with no luck. My dad and I took the small head cover off, and what happened is the exhaust pushrod popped out of place, we put it back in place, adjusted valve clearance and it ran fine for a while, then while riding this time happened again. Any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Just click on my username and select "send private message"
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Check the spring see if its broken or weak or other issue. Should be able to push them down with a hammer handle or something to check motion, if you flip the rocker out of the way or remove. Don't have it at TDC if you jamb the valve way down not sure it will clear, don't know.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha