lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #11
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Huge thanks to bob boyce!!!!

Another salute to Bob. He helped me tremendously when programming my RXV. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet in person when he came down here to S. Louisiana to pick up the RXV I told him about at our local cart store. We were out of town at the time.
jneubig is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #12
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I want to add my kudos and thanks to Bob. He transformed my RXV and I deeply appreciate it. He is also a very interesting man whose career should be a book, were it not classified.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
wdmckenz
Not Yet Wild

Bob, would love for you to work some magic on the controller of my newly refurbished 14' RXV. Absolutely refuse to let any of the other RXV's in the neighborhood pass me. I live in GA, is loading up the cart and paying you a visit an option or is mailing you the controller the only option? Thanks!

Wesley
wdmckenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmckenz View Post
Bob, would love for you to work some magic on the controller of my newly refurbished 14' RXV. Absolutely refuse to let any of the other RXV's in the neighborhood pass me. I live in GA, is loading up the cart and paying you a visit an option or is mailing you the controller the only option? Thanks!

Wesley
Hello Wesley

I actually prefer programming the controller while it is in the cart. That way we can go for a ride and dial in the performance to exactly how you like it. Get some more posts in so you can send PMs and I'll tell you how to get here.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #15
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

what is it about us Texans you dont like Bob?????...LOL

I'd be scared to death to go faster than the 25MPH I'm doing now...hahahahaha
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynelocked View Post
what is it about us Texans you dont like Bob?????...LOL
Distance! It's too far for me to drive. I used to go out to NM once a year and make stops along the way. After last year, I chose to stop speaking at the TeslaTech conference when they did not reimburse me for the hotel bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynelocked View Post
I'd be scared to death to go faster than the 25MPH I'm doing now...hahahahaha
That is wise with some carts, others feel nice and stable at 30MPH and faster. My 2008 RXV is programmed for Freedom Mode at 19.5MPH, with a stock accell rate. With the terrain here, I'm rarely at more than 5MPH. I don't run the roads with that RXV more than going from one driveway to another anymore. No need to go fast with that one. Now my RXV chassis road car project, that will be different. It's designed and built for the highways around here.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...-road-car.html
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
After last year, I chose to stop speaking at the TeslaTech conference when they did not reimburse me for the hotel bill.
But you're gonna miss "Using Brown’s Gas to Fight Disease!" this year.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
But you're gonna miss "Using Brown’s Gas to Fight Disease!" this year.
Wiseman will be there every year. He buys chinese made units for $200 each, "rebrands" with new labels, and resells for $899 each. He can afford to attend and pay for his hotel room. He makes lots of $ each year.

I went there to speak and educate people, not to be a salesman. Like most speakers that go there, I did this in exchange for the show sponsor covering my hotel room. Last year, he asked all speakers to pay for their hotel rooms upon arrival, promising reimbursement once ticket sales provided the funds. Several cancelled and left, I took him at his word and stayed. The reimbursement did not happen, so I delivered a half-hearted presentation, and made my way home. I refuse to go again.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #19
wdmckenz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Hello Wesley

I actually prefer programming the controller while it is in the cart. That way we can go for a ride and dial in the performance to exactly how you like it. Get some more posts in so you can send PMs and I'll tell you how to get here.
Awesome. Should I upgrade battery cables to 4/0 or even 2/0 before we do this. Any other mods that would be beneficial before reprogramming the controller?

Wesley
wdmckenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmckenz View Post
Awesome. Should I upgrade battery cables to 4/0 or even 2/0 before we do this. Any other mods that would be beneficial before reprogramming the controller?

Wesley
I recommend 2 guage battery cables with crimped and soldered lugs that fit the hole sizes used on the solenoid, controller, and battery terminals. That will allow your 3 phase AC controller to draw the 500+ DC Amps that it requires from the batteries during peak demand.

That's pretty much it, everything else is just programming and limiting rear tire size to 20.5" or smaller.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO