lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2020, 01:37 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New toy is finally home. What should 1st mod be?

It's pretty funny (not funny) how now everyone thinks "I want my old ezgo to go 30+mph". Better call bob. It's too crazy. I gotta delete messages every week, my inbox is always about 2 messages from full (when it's not full).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 05:36 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It's pretty funny (not funny) how now everyone thinks "I want my old ezgo to go 30+mph". Better call bob. It's too crazy. I gotta delete messages every week, my inbox is always about 2 messages from full (when it's not full).
I know the feeling. I had to go through all of my PMs, copy the few that I wanted to keep to text files, then delete everything. Then I disabled PM to keep it from filling up again. Most of the PMs were for things that I don't even work with, like questions about older carts, and other issues that belong in the open forum.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #23
jwracer11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
An 07 TX would not likely be equipped with a modern Curtis controller. You would be better off looking at upgrade options for an 07...

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/speed...ion-info-.html
10-4. I have the PDS controller. The F/R switch is on the dash and it has the run/tow switch under the seat. I'll check out the link you posted. Thanks!
jwracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:09 AM   #24
icantdo55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well controller just back from Boboyce and also upgraded to 2ga cables. We picked up almost 8mph not to bad on 18" tire. Thanks Boboyce and usgicollector!

New wheels coming soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rxv2.jpg (52.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rxv3.jpg (251.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rxv1.jpg (258.6 KB, 0 views)
icantdo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #25
icantdo55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdo55 View Post
Well controller just back from Boboyce and also upgraded to 2ga cables. We picked up almost 8mph not to bad on 18" tire. Thanks Boboyce and usgicollector!

New wheels coming soon...
*BobBoyce
icantdo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #26
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dang. Where did you do the test? In the ocean? Negative 29 feet??? Lol
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:20 AM   #27
GQ77
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Don't let the governor find out you left it outside... He'll order you to quarantine it indoors with the family.

Nice RXV! Now to improve its condition, 20 MPH is just getting started for an RXV! Let's put some pep in its step!
Bob, I have a 2016 ezgo rxv that has been reprogrammed by a local dealer. It goes 25 miles an hour but is slow on hills and acceleration. Would your reprogramming help or would a new controller and reprogramming help?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (322.6 KB, 0 views)
GQ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #28
Roger1224
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ77 View Post
Bob, I have a 2016 ezgo rxv that has been reprogrammed by a local dealer. It goes 25 miles an hour but is slow on hills and acceleration. Would your reprogramming help or would a new controller and reprogramming help?

Thanks!
pm usgicollector he is your go thru man here and can answer your questions,,,jeff and bob both good to work with
Roger1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #29
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Thanks!
Getting Bob to reprogram it would help. But you might need a Curtis 350amp controller. What is the height of your tires and how big of hills are we talking about?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:32 AM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Thanks!
Dealers can bump up the speed to Freedom mode with a passkey, and larger tires will allow it to go faster than the Freedom mode limit of 19.5 MPH. The problem is... The RXV controller is already detuned from the factory to limit torque by 28%, and when the passkey is used, it further detunes the controller an additional 12%, so now it can only develop 60% of its rated torque! I have to disable the Freedom mode done by the dealer, repair the damage to the programming done by the passkey, and reprogram the controller for more speed and torque. The question is, how tall are your tires? The stock 235 Amp controller is designed for tires no larger than 20.5" tall. Tires up to 23" tall require a 350 Amp upgrade controller. While the 235 Amp controller CAN live for a while driving larger tires, it causes issues that will typically burn out a stock controller. I will not do performance tunes for RXVs/TXT48s with 23" tires, knowing that a performance tune will hasten the demise of the controller. For 20.5" or smaller tires, it operates within spec and will not shorten the life of the stock controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO