lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
weedwacker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ------- 12" vs. 10" wheel upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
I've done this on carts without lifts with 12" wheels and low profile tires. I believe the max tire height without a lift should be 20". That's a function of the tire, not the wheel size. The 12" rims looks a lot better with the low profile tires in my opinion.
I'm shopping for wheels and tires too for my 2001 Club Car DS stock ride height. Most of the 12" wheel and tire combos come with 205/30-12. So if I understand what you are saying. There might be some rubbing issues with these size tires??

I want to get some new wheels before Memorial Day weekend but I'm not sure now after reading about rubbing issues. These are my top three choices. https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...e/FA-119LP.htm https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca.../12SS312LP.htm
https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca.../12SSVAMLP.htm
weedwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just find out the overall height and width of the tires, then make sure the offset on the wheels is either the same as the stock setup or moves the wheels outward just a little to keep from rubbing if the new tire is a little wider than stock.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
alvinm
Not Yet Wild

I have 12's and low profile tires. If you have rear seats, you will definitely need upgraded springs.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
weedwacker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinm View Post
I have 12's and low profile tires. If you have rear seats, you will definitely need upgraded springs.
Alvinm, What size tires do you have on your 12" wheels? I plan on going with 205/30-12 tires an putting an Add-A-Leaf kit on the rear springs. I read in another thread this eliminated rubbing for someone that also hada rear seat and didn't stiffen up the ride as much as new HD springs.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
weedwacker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Just find out the overall height and width of the tires, then make sure the offset on the wheels is either the same as the stock setup or moves the wheels outward just a little to keep from rubbing if the new tire is a little wider than stock.
basshawk84, Thank-you for your input. I have stock wheels and tires on now. I measured them and they are a little over 17" tall from ground to top center of tread (they are slightly crowned) and roughly 8" wide. I don't know the off set of stock wheels. I'm going to go with the wheel and tire combo from the last link above. It says the tires are 18" tall. The wheels are 7' wide so the tires shouldn't be more than 8" wide inflated. The off set of the wheel is 3-4. I'm not as concerned with rear rub (adding an Add-A-Leaf for rear springs) as I am with ribbing on the air intake that is up in the LF wheelwell. I've read about others with rubbing in this area and adding a kit that pushed the front wheels out two inches. I would like to avoid adding this kit. I also intend on keeping stock ride height. Do you think I'll be ok with tire the tire wheel combo I have chosen. http://trademarkcarts.com/product/30...ire-ulpvpe12mb
Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
alvinm
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
Alvinm, What size tires do you have on your 12" wheels? I plan on going with 205/30-12 tires an putting an Add-A-Leaf kit on the rear springs. I read in another thread this eliminated rubbing for someone that also hada rear seat and didn't stiffen up the ride as much as new HD springs.
Thanks for your reply.
I have 40's, so 30's should work even better as far as clearance. Ride quality may suffer a little. I think the add-a-leaf should work. Mine would rub mostly on turns to the point it started to leave a groove on the tire.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #17
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

I also am a new owner of a used 2009 Club Car. I also am looking for 12" wheel and tire combo.

The only wheels I have found, calling aftermarket mod shops, are the Fairway Alloy brand. They only have three different models with a -20 mm offset. All three are also 12x6.5 instead of the standard 12x7. Sixer, Rallye and Rebel. A standard 2+5 offset works out to be -50.8 mm so these Fairways would be less than half the offset and 0.5" inches thinner. One of shops I called claimed it was the only wheel that would not rub in the front when turning. Does anyone use a 2+5 offset and does it rub in the front when turning?

Note: I am a new owner and by no means a mechanic or mod guy. This is just what I learned from forums, research and calling around.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #18
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Maybe this will help to decide on tire sizing....
http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/

Just punch in your original size ,and any optional size you want. Than you can compare the two. dia,width,overall height.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
size, wheel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car