lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #10
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
7000 RPM caused the cart to suddenly shut down after an extended outing. Worked fine after a brief cooldown.
I'd like to know more about this...can you explain in more detail the circumstances?

I have an i60L and i40L both at 7500 RPMs for months and literally a couple thousand miles with this never happening in SoCal.

Are you located in FL and was it very hot outside? Were you driving long distances? Stop & go driving or cruising on major stretches?

Are the RPM's the only thing you've modified?

I've mentioned a few times in various posts about the temperature sensor and how it may or may not be properly installed on the motor. It is a safety feature to do exactly what you said when things get too hot and to prevent damage...but I was told it was just bundled up in the umbilical and not actually on the motor. They may have since changed that or yours might have been touching something extra hot?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon