lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '05 PDS not slowing down going downhill

I have an '05 pds cart. It has an upgraded 400amp controller but I'm not sure of the make. It looks just like the pictures I've seen of the stock contoller. But it has a sticker on the very bottom that say 400amp.

It had a speed chip in it and the guy said that's why it didn't do the slowing down hill. But I took it out today and it still doesn't do it.

Could it be the different controller? I will use this for hunting so I would like a little assist going down some hills to keep from wearing my brakes out.

This is my first (of probably many) questions

Thanks
uhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: '05 PDS not slowing down going downhill

It could be a modified controller. The only 400 amp PDS controllers I have seen are alltrax. If it does in fact have a speed chip the regen will be almost non existant.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It had one. The plug with 2 diff orange wires. But I took it out today. Is there something I need to do to reset it or anything.

My cart has about a 6" lift with 23" tires and I don't need speed.

I'm going to order the "steep hill' chip\plug. Will this help bring back my downhill braking?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

If you didn't turn the Key & Run/Toe switch off before you unplugged it then it want reset. You need to turn it off and back on again.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
gonfast38
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ditto what Andy said. I put in the freedom chip and didnt notice any diff. until I flipped the tow/run swithch off and back on. That did it. And when I did put in the freedom chip, I lost almost all "engine braking" going down hill.
gonfast38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the key off and out and the switch to tow before I pulled it out. I knew to do this thanks to this site, cause I sure didn't know about it before.

I don't know ??? I'll play with it some more today.

That's why I was wondering if it could be the controller not letting it do it. It looks just like the stock one (curtis, from pix I've seen on internet) but where the small square tag was on top (inthe pix) mine is removed and the only sticker I found was on the bottom side.

Thanks again
Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I printed off all of the wiring diagrams from the stickies for a pds. I read on here they are wired different than other ezgo's. Maybe the guy when he changed the controller wired it up wrong.

Thanks for the great info in the sticky section.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO