lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

dougmcp, I thought Puerto Rico was part of the U.S. But not to split hairs: The Big Three: E-Z-GO, Club Car and Yamaha are all maunufactured in Georgia. The Dana Electric rear ends are or were manufactured in the U.S. while the Gas rear ends were imported. Essness, if you ask for a COM (Certificate of Manufacture or Origin ) you will see that your Workhorse was built in Augusta, Georgia. Can anyone on this board let us know where the Star Car and Fairplays are assembled? And doupmcp I agree that the quality of an E-Z-GO, Club Car or even Yamaha are far superior to the Chinese knock offs.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #22
superduty4life
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dougmcp, that's what I was trying to get across to everyone here. Just like I had posted before, only 30% are made in the US. All of the world wide parts are assembled in the US on the carts in Georgia.

I just ordered 24 carts from overseas and will be receiving them in about 5 weeks from now. I will post what these carts have as far as parts and name brands. The bodies on the carts are the EZGO looking bodies and look identical as the EZGOs. These carts will be sold wholesale.
superduty4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Superduty, I hate to argue the point, but you are misrepresenting the information. 30% of the parts ( including the chassis ) are manufactured by E-Z-GO in their Augusta facility. Many of the remaining 70% of the parts are built in the USA. E-Z-GO bodies are made in the US, the tires are made in the US , etc. The Star car is no more interchangeable with the E-Z-GO on a quality level than the old Polish built Melex's were. Even though I am an E-Z-GO guy, I would rather see someone buy a Club Car than a Star want-a-be golf car. Nulf said!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #24
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Maybe EZgo sold them some parts (the body) to build the overseas carts. I mean we buy parts from them all the time, couldnt it work in reverse order also.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
Maybe EZgo sold them some parts (the body) to build the overseas carts. I mean we buy parts from them all the time, couldnt it work in reverse order also.
No.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #26
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
My 1997 Workhorse says "Made in Japan" right on top of the transaxel
Although Made in Japan is stamped on the axle, the casting process is carried out in China! The axle is asembled in Japan and then exported to Augusta.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Great, now the Japanese are buying their stuff from China. My next TV is gonna explode!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #28
superduty4life
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
Superduty, I hate to argue the point, but you are misrepresenting the information. 30% of the parts ( including the chassis ) are manufactured by E-Z-GO in their Augusta facility. Many of the remaining 70% of the parts are built in the USA. E-Z-GO bodies are made in the US, the tires are made in the US , etc. The Star car is no more interchangeable with the E-Z-GO on a quality level than the old Polish built Melex's were. Even though I am an E-Z-GO guy, I would rather see someone buy a Club Car than a Star want-a-be golf car. Nulf said!
The other 70% is assembled in the US but not manufactured in the US. The Star carts must have an agreement or something like that with EZGO. The frames are identical. I pulled the body off my 08 Star and parked the frame next to my 99 EZGO and they were 99% identical. The front brush guard , the roof brackets, and seats, etc. all interchange. The rear axle is different than the EZGOs. The 09 Star carts are slightly different. If everything is basicly the same, what is so bad for owning a Star? I understand the quality thing. We are not talking about $50,000 vehicle.
superduty4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #29
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
EZGO do manufacture many of the parts for the TXT. However, axles, motor, seat coverings, tyres, wheels, some switch gear and the curtis controller are import.

The new RXV is completely different, the majority of the car is out sourced from most continents around the world and assembled in Augusta. Hense why its so expensive.

The Star is sold in many parts of Europe under many different names, The Ryder, Babbiyacar, E2GO and many many more names.

The Star is a copy of the old Mark 2 TXT with a cheap curtis controller, Trogan battery copies (in some cases), cheap plastic body and roof. When China actually stop copying other nations designs and comply with copyright laws, we'll see how cheep their products are then.

If you recall, the Japaniese did the same thing in the 50's, 60's and early 70's.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #30
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4life View Post
The other 70% is assembled in the US but not manufactured in the US. The Star carts must have an agreement or something like that with EZGO. The frames are identical. I pulled the body off my 08 Star and parked the frame next to my 99 EZGO and they were 99% identical. The front brush guard , the roof brackets, and seats, etc. all interchange. The rear axle is different than the EZGOs. The 09 Star carts are slightly different. If everything is basicly the same, what is so bad for owning a Star? I understand the quality thing. We are not talking about $50,000 vehicle.
I promised myself that I would not say any more on this subject, but I cannot help myself. There is no agreement between E-Z-GO and Star Cars. 100% of E-Z-GO's are assembled in Augusta, GA. The frames may look identical, but they are not. E-Z-GO frames are made from American Steel and roboticly welded. E-Z-GO fabricates 30% of their parts in house and sources many more from American manufacturers. Saying the cars are basically the same is like like saying that a Cheap conunterfiet Rolex bought from a street vendor in New York is basically the same as one purchased at a fine jewerly store. As far as what is so bad about owning a Star Car, let me be as tactful and dispassionate as possible: If you want to support the godless pinko commie red Chinese then by all means buy a Star, If you stand on the side of Truth, Justice and the American Way then buy the best golf car the Land of the Free has to offer: E-Z-GO. Seriously, what an indiviual decides to do with their hard earned money is their business. If they choose to buy a Star Car that is their right. Just don't insult the intelligence of the readers of this board by trying to convince them that they are "basicly the same".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay