lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
holmsey2012
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2PG new top end break-in

I'm doing the top end on a 86 marathon 2pg. I have the opportunity to use an old chassis dyno to do the break-in. My question is what rpm should I run it at and how long should I run it? I can supply cold fresh air as not to overheat it, so run a long continuous run or several short runs? Just looking for opinions, thanks.
holmsey2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 2PG new top end break-in

Not too sure really. Most of us just run them around as normal, just avoiding harsh throttling for the first tank of fuel. The MOST important part is that you have the oil injection disabled and premix at 40:1 for your first tank of fuel after the rebuild. Then mix at 128:1 (1 oz. per gallon, 1.5 oz. per gallon if you drive hard) for every tank thereafter.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just drove mine like normal. No break in needed. Just make sure your first tank is 40:1 like 93yellowclubcar said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO