lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 09:45 PM   #11
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Please help before i intentionally burn my garage to the ground

So crash i did test 2, but i did not hook up a meter to check continuity… so it did click when i did this but because i did not have a meter hooked to it, this does not necissarily mean its good. I will try and it again tomorrow morning with a meter hooked to it… thanks for all the help everyone!
jgoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 PM   #12
crash test dummy

yea you need continuity ... i have seen them click but no continuity
if it is good then follow teecro's advice
Old 03-31-2016, 09:57 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is common for wiring faults in these carts, double check all battery cable ends, fuses, terminal connectors, etc. The grounds are wired so check them, there is no ground to the frame like a car except the engine block. If your ground cable has a problem it will kill the whole cart.

The starter/generator is just a DC motor, the solenoids reverse polarity to make it and the engine spin the other direction for reverse....because a 2 stroke engine can do that, then the trans has no reverse gear. So check to see if you are getting full power to the gen, if you are then maybe brushes are bad they are not expensive, or its just a wiring issue. If you see voltage on the ground side that means the ground is bad and not making it to the battery. Always test ground back to battery when you use a meter/etc. The post clamps on battery can also look clean and not work under load, have to check all the cables/wiring. Good part is wiring is usually cheap or free to fix. The last of the G1s were made 25yr ago.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #14
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info SHO, I'm going to run through all the wires and connections tomorrow, i will keep you all posted, can't wait to find the culprit. Ill post some pictures up.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Does the starter gen spin by hand? Sometimes from sitting a long time moisture will allow corrosion to tighten things up in the starter.

If the starter gets power, it should spin. Maybe it's the starter.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #16
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I have to ask.....where did you get the "new" solenoids? The reason, aftermarket solenoids useually have the "normally closed and normally open" contacts backwards of the original Yamaha solenoids. How about a close up picture of them.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #17
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Does the starter gen spin by hand? Sometimes from sitting a long time moisture will allow corrosion to tighten things up in the starter.

If the starter gets power, it should spin. Maybe it's the starter.
The starter that was initially in was froze up, so I just put a brand new starter in it a few days ago...... How do I jump it to see if it will spin?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #18
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I have to ask.....where did you get the "new" solenoids? The reason, aftermarket solenoids useually have the "normally closed and normally open" contacts backwards of the original Yamaha solenoids. How about a close up picture of them.
From what I found on here I picked up the backwards ones (Rodgers). But I followed Sho's lead and checked my old ones, they check out just fine. I put the old ones back in for now. After checking all that everyone has said I'm beginning to think it's one of those simple and stupid problems that is probably going to slap me right in the face when I find it.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #19
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is it possible to post pictures from your phone? If not I will have to post them later when I get home
Old 04-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sho, I checked the solenoids for continuity, all good! checking all connecting and wiring now. Wish me luck everyone!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha