lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #11
dragos28
Gone Wild

Default Re: Back in a GC again!

Yes, I noticed that the tire direction is wrong, the rear wheel is just mounted wrong so i can flip it. but the front tire will need to come off the wheel, or i can just flip the wheel if the offset is the same.

As for the engine. we removed the flywheel and cleaned out the rust.
it was getting gas, getting air, getting spark, had great compression.
just would not kick over.
we tried everything and it wont kick. rebuilt the carb and all.
after much cranking, the rods kicked out and it lost compression...
i guess i have no choice but to look for a BB...
The mechanic said he has a 13hp honda engine laying around...
dang it.. was hoping not to have to make this an expensive endeavor....
dragos28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2016, 10:44 AM   #12
dragos28
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I have a complete wiring harness for G14 if You end up needing anything, welcome back to the Cart World !!!
So i've got the mechanic looking for a new engine. The push rods came off on both sides.. and we think its lost compression. but i think its just the rods coming off.

It turns over, gets fuel, air and spark.
the spark is blue.

However something is just not letting it kick over. The mechanic rebuilt the carb.

we looked over all the wiring harness and couldnt see anything that would be a kill switch or safety switch. it just turns and turns and turns but doesnt fire up.

do you think there could be something on the wiring harness that could be causing it to not kick over?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #13
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I like the roll cage on your old gc
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #14
dragos28
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
I like the roll cage on your old gc
thanks, that was a fun project
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...roll-cage.html

i really do miss my old GC... but i know all the defects and issues it had, and now that the new owner seized up the engine... i really dont want to deal with it. especially not fof $600... i offered him $400 and that was really just for the sentimental value
Old 12-28-2016, 08:53 PM   #15
dragos28
Gone Wild

i give up on the engine. i called up @vegascarts and ordered a clone with the install kit.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

WOOO HOOOO !!!!!! I'm in the middle of a G14 VC460 build myself, it just keeps getting put on hold for other projects lately so it's a week or three behind schedule ... Do yourself a favor while You're waiting for the VC stuff to arrive, give your engine mounts a good once-over, they're likely dry as heck if not already cracked and torn and having built BB's before, You really want good mounts with the layout and torque of your new drivetrain.

Are You going to strip and paint the frame as long as it's all apart? I used POR-15 for the first time on this one and was actually pretty impressed with the way it smoothed out and covered a lot of imperfections, just a thought. That old cart of Yours was pretty **** Hip, it's going to be fun to keep an eye on how this one goes

20161118_140952.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:52 AM   #17
dragos28
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
WOOO HOOOO !!!!!! I'm in the middle of a G14 VC460 build myself, it just keeps getting put on hold for other projects lately so it's a week or three behind schedule ... Do yourself a favor while You're waiting for the VC stuff to arrive, give your engine mounts a good once-over, they're likely dry as heck if not already cracked and torn and having built BB's before, You really want good mounts with the layout and torque of your new drivetrain.

Are You going to strip and paint the frame as long as it's all apart? I used POR-15 for the first time on this one and was actually pretty impressed with the way it smoothed out and covered a lot of imperfections, just a thought. That old cart of Yours was pretty **** Hip, it's going to be fun to keep an eye on how this one goes

Attachment 145377
that cart you posted is pretty sweet!

the previous owner actually painted the frame, its all painted and clean. the body panels are all painted. the only problem was the upholstery which i took care of. i took them to my local upholsterer and had them covered in crocodile skin. it's going to be bitchin.

lol

i think, and hopefully this time i do like i say. i'm going to keep this cart the way it is, not going to go all crazy with it.
its already got a 4" lift, nice big tires, i put some wheel spacers on it already.

and with this new power plant it should be tits.

i'm hoping the vc460 has enough balls to keep up with my sons RZR 170. thats really why i'm building it up. i have a quad to ride on, but want something a bit more comfortable. so i can keep my beer in the cup holder. lol
Old 12-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

The last VC I built was an EZGO TXT with a 28deg clutch and 8:1 gears in the rear, that one would break 'em loose on anything but perfect pavement (and that cart has 23's) and ran out wide open at just a hair over 42 on flat pavement if that helps. With the standard Yami ratio, I'm guessing these 14's are going to be good for around 34-35mph, the real difference in the VC engines though is the takeoff, it's a night-and-day difference from stock.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #19
dragos28
Gone Wild

Got my VC 460 installed and got her running

i'm actually very impressed with the VC460, its quick and snappy.
i dont miss the vanguard that much anymore now. lol.

i'm having an issue with the carb just puking out gas. i'm going to call geoff and see what i can do about that.

its fast, but it doesnt stop very well. kinda sketchy.
i'm going to see about tightening the cables. but also look into front hydraulic brakes for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15940521_10212016638397705_804101080167871633_n.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Did you run a return fuel line ? Definitely needed one on my G14.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha