lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
jonsmonte
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Two G9 projects

Hey Guys,

I bought the two G9's from Nick in Ohio.

My buddy bought the red one with a dump box.

I'm going to finish the white one and try and flip it this spring. It has a 4" lift, 4 new 22 by 11 carlisle tires and rims, duromax 16hp motor, comet cluth, and a bunch of tore up plastic parts.

Im going to paint the entire frame, install motor, redo the seats, and add some diamond plating kits, fix the plastic, and wrap it with a digital camo.

Should I buy the rear seat conversion to make it more appealing? Just wondering if the $350 would be worth it. I will have $800-$1,000 into it.

How much will this be worth in Michigan?
jonsmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
jonsmonte
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Two G9 projects

Here are some pics of Project G9 Flip

I sanded 75% of the frame this weekend and removed all the plastic. I'm painting the frame this week with some chassis saver and then installing the Duromax 16HP motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0366.JPG (101.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0368.JPG (114.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.JPG (125.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Around here maybe $2K range if it looks reasonable, and depending on where and how you sell it. Certain places they get more. I've seen a hundred old beat carts for 1500-2500 and all they did is put the cheapest econo lift on and spraycan the rest, of course sitting in some high traffic area for sale. Don't know what they got in the end, but they always sell at some point. I used to watch miedema's auction its online, they used to put carts through there sometimes. There is a taylor dunn on there now but I don't keep up with it anymore. 1800lastbid.com
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I don't know if our market around GR is booming right now. its always worth a try. I know a rear seat was always a purchasing point for me....
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
jonsmonte
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys!

I see you both live near me. I live in Wayland. When I finish my Kohler Command pro 26 build we should get some guys together and ride. I have 120AC and 400 behind me we can ride. lots of swamp, trails, and mud!

But I still need help getting the Kohler wired up. It's a EFI and I have no power to the fuel injectors. My buddy and I are going to rewire to entire cart, starting this Thursday.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am in Dorr
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have family in Dorr, but I'm north of GR. I been looking for a cart for years and never bought because I can get a car cheaper lol almost get a used utv. Prices are not low, you have to find a good deal and I don't have time to hunt like I used to. I know a guy that bought a G14 with roof/back seat/jakes lift for 2K and it looks ok just cheap wheels. I thought that was the best deal I had seen in a long time, but he bought it out in the sticks up north. Down by Gr you never will find that deal....unless things have changed since the last decade lol. My G9 was 7 yr old and I paid well under 1K, sure inflation since but just the same it was from a GC never private owned. Few years later prices went up and never stopped. I've watched 10yr old or less carts go for around 3K and 25yr old carts go at same time for over 2K I don't get it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #8
jonsmonte
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I welded in the new motor mount for the big block!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0416.jpg (175.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmonte View Post
I welded in the new motor mount for the big block!
Looks like you need ramp shoes and the spacer on your driven clutch.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #10
jonsmonte
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yes, I did notice I was missing some of the white spacers on the driven clutch. What are the ramp shoes?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha