lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #11
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: To build or to buy?

[QUOTE=dschaffer;1381018]That's Awesome! You've done pretty much exactly what I want to do. I was thinking just a 3" lift as I've heard they can get tippy while cornering at high speeds if you go much higher. Did you get your cart from plowmans or just the

bought cart then did the mods, plowmans (Don) will walk you right through it over the phone
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #12
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

[quote=icyveins;1381020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschaffer View Post
That's Awesome! You've done pretty much exactly what I want to do. I was thinking just a 3" lift as I've heard they can get tippy while cornering at high speeds if you go much higher. Did you get your cart from plowmans or just the

bought cart then did the mods, plowmans (Don) will walk you right through it over the phone
Anything you would change or have done differently?
dschaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Build a cart, it's way more fun!
Oh and Plowman's is the way to go without a doubt!

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #14
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschaffer View Post
Thanks for the info. When you say drives are you referring to gas motors? Where in Michigan are you at? I'm around 45 minutes southwest of Traverse City.
Have you done any engine mods?
I was warned to not get carts that came from the south as they have likely been heavily used. I'all ask the the Farwell dealer where he gets the carts from.
Thanks
I just looked at his add and saw 2007's for $2500 but no 2014's.

No engine mods on mine, it just moves us around the campground.
when the TEAM clutch goes out i'll call up plowman's for a replacement.

I'm near Muskegon but our campground is south of Farwell which is where the cart is now at for the summer..

good luck
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I bought mine in Caladonia S of GR, not sure if they always have yamaha they were trades and that was a long time ago. Or the yamaha dealer is in plainwell. Guy I know bought a G14 last year for 2K I could not believe it, with a jakes lift and rear seat and roof, painted. Wheels and tires were cheap but rest of it was nice or not perfect but not bad for age of cart. I'm still not sure about the Drive they had such clutch issues, likely I would stay older for now. The 357 is likely the best golf cart motor far as I know, if you plan to stay stock engine, which I would not lol.

Yes spring not the best time, January is the best time. We bought a load of ten carts in January and if they didn't start in the snow we didn't pick them lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #16
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I bought mine in Caladonia S of GR, not sure if they always have yamaha they were trades and that was a long time ago. Or the yamaha dealer is in plainwell. Guy I know bought a G14 last year for 2K I could not believe it, with a jakes lift and rear seat and roof, painted. Wheels and tires were cheap but rest of it was nice or not perfect but not bad for age of cart. I'm still not sure about the Drive they had such clutch issues, likely I would stay older for now. The 357 is likely the best golf cart motor far as I know, if you plan to stay stock engine, which I would not lol.

Yes spring not the best time, January is the best time. We bought a load of ten carts in January and if they didn't start in the snow we didn't pick them lol.
Thanks for the info. What years can you find the 357? I am not interested in staying stock though unless stock is fast. I'm hoping to be able to get at least 30mph out of it. If it weren't for the added size, noise, complexity and price, I would likely go with a utv of some sort. The honda pioneer 5 looks pretty great and still small but the cost is out of my reach. I should probably wait until winter but I'm not sure I can. There is a good chance I will buy a cart by next weekend. I've got the bug. Bad!
dschaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

357cc started in 2003 with G22 model, still used today. And I think just over 30 is the max you should expect from stock motor, that's with bigger than stock tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:14 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If your mechanicly inclined , do the mods your self. You will know your car from bolt to bolt. The satisfaction of building your self....Priceless
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another idea if you are somewhat handy is to find a yamaha G 14-16 with a broken engine. These usually go for several hundred dollars. Get the vegascarts big block swap and for less than $2000 you have a whole new engine, clutch, and exhaust system.If something happened to my VC 460 powered G14 that is exactly what I would do.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G22 one of the best carts. Even the stock engine you can sell for good money if you swap. My G9 would hit 30 down the road, took about quarter mile (lol) to get that fast, had to have 15psi in the rear 22s so they were 23+ (rounded tires they grow with air). That was on gps I think I hit 31 few times. With my clone in same cart I have hit 38 because it revs more, and it didn't take that far its up to 35 pretty fast. I'd like to hit 40 maybe this summer with new cam and rod it will, but I spend hardly any time over 30 in normal riding and don't ride roads much just some dirt ones sometimes. I had to align the front end to run 38 without the cart zigging around on me. It sure feels fast just the same.

Maybe you should consider a VC460 in your cart, its tons of fun. Mine just about will be after these mods, I bought my 420 before the 460 was out. Cart is ton of fun, there are trails that get nasty or hills I don't bother with in the cart, then its time to ride a utv. But locally the cart is much nicer, its quiet, instantly moving, its cooler on hot days, quiet even with a clone, don't tear up yards and stuff either, don't take much fuel, lot nicer to hang out with people on the cart, easy to do yard work and move stuff around. Many people I know have both, they go on long rides in the utv and use the cart daily.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha