lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha G14 Wont run

Yamaha G14 will not run. Ran new fuel line, fuel filter, fuel pump still will not run. Any idea what the problem might be, ways to diagnose. Any way to check if there is vacuum to make the pump work.

Thanks gents.
BIGBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14 Wont run

Take the fuel hose off carb and put in container, run on starter it should pulse fuel out. I like to use a clear dried out water or soda bottle so I can see. If no then check filter, pump, lines for cracks, etc. Also it can have a hard time if it loses prime and you have low fuel, they don't like to pull it up if you get air in system. You are supposed to fill the tank if you get air in pump then it will gravity feed to the carb.

Otherwise check your spark, get a new plug if its old, that is good then check compression.

There is no vacuum, it is a pulse line. The air pulses with the piston pressure in the engine as the piston goes up and down. Makes the pump move inside and pump fuel.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

There a way to check to see if your getting pulse? Remedy if your not? You wouldn't happen to know what soak plug it uses, my cart is up at my camp.

Thank you again.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Thought they all used ngk bpr4es.

Not really, you are getting pulse if the lines are good (old lines can crack) and the piston is moving in the engine.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:48 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Pull the pulse hose off of the pump, crank the engine and see if you feel a pulse. If not, then the hose is probably plugged with crap. Blow back thru it to clear, then change the oil.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Got pulse. Replaced all the fuel line, filter, fuel pump and soak plug. Motor turns over and it wants to run but seems like it's loading up. If you pull the choke it dies.

If you unhook the air filter tube it runs.

New air filter?

I need to get this fixed asap my mom who doesn't get around good uses it.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure the airbox is sealed completely, yamaha freak out about that. Clean the carb if not that. Check the spacer behind the carb for cracks and leaks.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

It was the air cleaner. My father over filled his oil and it blew into the air box destroying his air filter. I figured it out. Thanks again gents.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha