lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Default Waterlogged Golf Cart

I was watching the news from the Texas coast about the huge amount of water inland (5 foot in some cases).

It occurs to me, there will be many submerged vehicles - golf carts included.

Its also time to prep for hunting season this fall and golf carts are frequently tasked for that since they are quieter and easy to run.

Could folks chime in about what to look out for on 'great deals' for golf carts that might be dried out and put on craigslist for sale to unsuspecting buyers?
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: Waterlogged Golf Cart

My parents live in Texas outside of Abilene and lucky for them they only got 3" of rain. I would always check the obvious like the oil to see if its milky and the same whit the rear-end oil. Ive been on rides where I have had water all over my engine and it has continued to run with no issue with the stock engine.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If one was under water and fluids changed relatively short after it happened I wouldn't be afraid of one for the right price I sunk a fuel snowmobiles in the river and lake before and they are still running that being said they are tended to that day so rust isn't and issue but if there's enough water to flood a golf cart I doubt the golf cart is going to be the first thing on the list
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

My cousin moved from Spring (just 1 mile north of the Houston city limit) -- she moved last year to north central texas.

Her old house currently has 5 foot of water in it and its expected to go up another 3 to 4 foot before this is over.

Thoughts and prayers with the new owner, but so glad she was not involved in this.
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

We spend our summers in our travel trailer in Port Aransas in one of the RV parks in town. We use our golf cart to get around town and the beach. Fortunately we came home on the 7th of August this year and missed the tragedy there. Our immediate family and friends that planed to stay till after Labor Day did get their travel trailers and boats out just ahead of the storm. They did have to leave four golf carts in a local storage building and we don't have any real news of how they are yet. The local authorities are restricting access to town for now so we don't know how soon we will be able to retrieve them and check them out.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha