lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000.5 club car ds suddenly won’t start

Just drove 12 hours with the golf cart in the back. Unloaded and drove it to the camp site (10 min drive) and worked perfectly. Parked it, went for dinner came back and it started fine. Reversed and then went back to forward and it’s dead. Battery resets 12.1, fuel in the tank and the lines. What should I be looking at? You press the pedal and it makes no engine noise. Like there is no key in there. Please help. At a horse show and very much needed this cart to run
soponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2000.5 club car ds suddenly won’t start

12.1v resting voltage on a battery is dead. It should be 12.5-12.6. Does the voltage change when you press the pedal and try to drive? Do you hear the solenoid click?

On the back of the shifter is a yellow knob. It should make the microswitch on the end of the shaft click when you put it in F or R. Sometimes they can fall loose.just off the seat and not engage the microswitch. If that happens jts as good as dead.

Turn the key switch on and off a few times as well. I think every club car I've had (oll.older and used) I've had to replace the key switch because they either stop working, or get wallered out and the key falls out.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
soponies
Not Yet Wild

When I pressed the pedal last night it was 12.0 from 12.1 and would return. It sits in my garage all summer at mid 11 and would still work fine? No clicking solenoid on any setting, and reverse buzzer still works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
12.1v resting voltage on a battery is dead. It should be 12.5-12.6. Does the voltage change when you press the pedal and try to drive? Do you hear the solenoid click?

On the back of the shifter is a yellow knob. It should make the microswitch on the end of the shaft click when you put it in F or R. Sometimes they can fall loose.just off the seat and not engage the microswitch. If that happens jts as good as dead.

Turn the key switch on and off a few times as well. I think every club car I've had (oll.older and used) I've had to replace the key switch because they either stop working, or get wallered out and the key falls out.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #4
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Put a battery charger on and made no difference.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Did you check the microswitch?

Need to check the solenoid. Theres 2 small terminals on it. One feeds power through microswitches, the other feeds ground through microswitches. Put a meter on those 2 posts, with key on and pedal down, you should read 12 volts if all the microswitches are working. That would mean a bad solenoid. If you dont see 12v then you're not getting signal to the solenoid to engage and start the engine. Could be a key switch. Could be microswitches. We can narrow it down from there but I'd start with the solenoid test
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car