lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #11
chrisnan23
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car ds

Does anyone have any thoughts on my diagnosis

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This is pretty common for these to "get stuck" on the compression stroke.

How long have you owned the cart? Is this something that just started happening? Progressively got worse over time? A new project you picked up?

First, theres a ground strap.from the side of the starter to the frame above it. Remove that bolt, sand the frame contact point and the ring terminal on the strap and reinstall. Check all.of your connections with the big heavy gauge wires for any corrosion and clean accordingly. Check the one from the negative battery terminal to the frame as well.

Free stuff is always best to try first. Bad connections can cause heavy voltage drops, especially on high current loads.

If that makes no difference at all, then I would check the brushes and commutator in the starter/generator for wear. It may be time to replace the brushes (easy and cheap) or it may be time to replace the whole unit. OEM starter/generator are expensive but dont cheap out and get an aftermarket one. You'll be lucky to get a month out of it before it eats itself.

Also what kind of battery did you buy? A 200cca lawnmower battery? Something bigger?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #13
chrisnan23
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will try what you said, ty very much, the battery is a ever start battery from Walmart.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Is it a neverstart lawn mower battery? ~200CCA or a car battery ~600CCA

If it's a lawnmower battery it may simply just not be enough battery. These seem to do better with a bigger battery
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #15
chrisnan23
Not Yet Wild

I found the problem, it was the starter got it fixed but now it cranks but it won't fire up, I tried to choke it but no luck.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car