lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
gbayjames
Not Yet Wild

Default '95 Club Cart DS FE290 Intake Filter Issue

Hi all, fairly new here. Lots of helpful stickies and information! Thanks!

I'll get right to'er here.

'95 DS
-Rebuilt top end
-New plug
-Brand new Khein Carb
-Rebuilt secondary (heavy spring)
-Governor mods just over rev limiter (original governor assembly -Zip Tied)

Bought the cart in pieces and put it all back together. Was missing the choke assembly for the front of the air box and also the filter. After i got it going and adjusted everything properly, it runs amazing without the air box filter in. Loads of power and zip. As soon as i put a new filter in it. It barely hits OEM rev limit no mater what you do. I have not tried adjusting the carburetor yet, as i cant find any info on proper adjustment. Its running incredibly rich once the filter is in, choking the motor out. But i cant see there being anywhere else to restrict it, being that the choke assembly isnt even there.

Any idea's? Thanks in advance!
gbayjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: '95 Club Cart DS FE290 Intake Filter Issue

What kind of filter are you using? What did you set the valves at? There are baffles in the airbox, are they clogged with dirt or anything? Can you blow into the airbox inlet freely? Or does it feel restricted?

There should be a screw on the side of the carb, may or may not have a little plastic handle. That's your mix screw. If it's got the little handle deal they lock you from being able to over adjust it if it's just a scream, turn it all the way in until it barely seats. Then out 1.5 turns. And try to adjust in or out from there.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
gbayjames
Not Yet Wild

CP241, Thanks! i'll check the baffles. It ran with everything closed before (no filter) and seemed as though it was flowing fine. Its a generic blue and white filter. I'll see where the jet is at now as well. Thanks again.
gbayjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:32 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The little screw on the side only changes the mixture at idle or when starting for a pedal start cart. Doesn't have any effect on how it runs at high rpms.

Is that a $30 Keihin carb, or a $175 Keihin carb?
There are lots of knock-offs out there that have the Keihin logo, but are total junk fake reproduction carbs.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

When I put a larger jet I had to take one of the baffles out. I would try that also be sure you have a good quality air filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbayjames View Post
CP241, Thanks! i'll check the baffles. It ran with everything closed before (no filter) and seemed as though it was flowing fine. Its a generic blue and white filter. I'll see where the jet is at now as well. Thanks again.
Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #6
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Maybe try to bypass the box entirely? I installed this filter and seem to get a very slight performance boost. I think the factory air intake is so long and restricted. Wasn't having issues before but just wanted to tinker. It was $7 on Amazon. Worth the risk if you don't like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200504_095241.jpg (200.5 KB, 0 views)
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car