lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G9 spark plug help.

Air box has to be completely sealed or else they run like crap I'd start there aslo do a good cleaning of the carb
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

with the air box on I can get it to run at a little higher RPM but if I give it more pedal it pops, sputters and dies still. I took the bowl off the carb and it looked clean.
jkrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:47 PM   #13
cfherrman
Gone Wild

The number on the spark plug is the cleaning temp, a protruding plug or non protruding will not matter with starting or idleing. As long as it's gapped correctly your problem is not in the spark plug.
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The bpr2es is the one to use in G2 or G9 for less fouling. As stated the airbox must be all on there and the top sealed, some you have to wrap bungees around to get them sealed, the new pulls are pretty cheap if the catches are still there for them. Make sure the elbow inside is in there right it can be a pain. The carb is jetted for that if you mod the airbox you have to hog out the main to make them run right. That said you could have some other issue, make sure the spacer on carb is not cracked people over tighten them and they crack though that tends to make them run poor at lower throttles not WOT as much. You could have a bad ignitor they are expensive better to swap one from another cart to test, most times a bad one will run better when cart is cold, some run better at high rpm and bad at low rpm. Just the same rule out other things before getting one of those. I'd clean the main jet spray carb stuff up it make sure it comes out inside the carb throat.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #15
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

One thing I noticed when I took the carb off and looked inside the bowl was the float seemed to be hanging up on the main jet, I'm not sure what was done to this cart before I got it so parts could of been changed.

Has anybody tried one of these aftermarket carbs from Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Golf-R.../dp/B00778O1VW
Old 04-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The float will normally sit on the jet when hanging all the way down, no big deal. You are much better off working on the stock carb than buying one of those cheap china junkers. There are only 2 things I can think of that would make the stock one not reusable- 1 super badly worn throttle shaft boss, 2 pilot screw cranked in so hard it blew out the aluminum on the inside of the throat. Well, make that 3, broken off float stands.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #17
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

I'm sure your right about the carb, I ordered one for the heck of it, if the new aftermarket carb changes the way it runs then I know I have a carb issue.
I took a short video of the engine running, it runs rough & dies out when I give it more gas, if I back off of the pedal it will continue to run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKp1I1v9Hs
Old 04-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Try taking off the airbox hose then try to make it run up with various amounts of choke, just hold the choke on carb none, 10%, 20%, 30%, etc. If you can find a spot it runs then likely the carb. If you can't its not entirely conclusive it could still be the carb or a fuel supply issue or even ignition issue. No hose should make it lean unless its super rich then it should have black smoke out exhaust, then more choke should make it richer and richer, so if the jetting is way off that will show it unless its really rich. Another issue is they will foul the plug super fast when mix is off, I mean in seconds then it runs funny no matter. Only thing I found is sometimes you can pull the boot off then back on until you feel the clip touch the plug, then back off so its not touching, that makes the spark jump and can make it fire on a fouled plug sometimes but not always effective. But if it works that shows a plug or ignition issue. A couple things you can do really fast that might help you.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #19
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Great advise!
I didn't disconnect the air box but I cranked it over and pushed the choke in and out, as long as I continued to pump the choke I was able to rev it all the way wide open, once I stopped pushing the choke in and out it died. So I would assume I have a carb problem or a week fuel pump for some reason.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually (not 100% but usually) fuel pump will cut out then come back on, or run at idle and cut out when you floor it for 5 seconds or something and empty the float. Or lose power at WOT and run fine at low throttle.

If your jetting is too lean and you pull the choke out just the right amount and keep it there and it runs ok then its the carb jetting for sure. Put your finger behind the choke knob you can keep it part way out steady.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha