lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #21
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Default Re: G9 spark plug help.

If I pull the choke all the way out and put the pedal to the floor it will run wide open, if I let the choke go in just a little with the pedal to the floor it will sputter and die.
If I let off the pedal with the choke pulled it will fowl the plug. So it's wide open with the choke pulled out or idol with the choke in.
jkrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #22
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

I took the carb apart again and didn't find anything suspicious, I'm thinking I have either a fuel pump issue or something more serious like my crank case is leaking either through a seal or gasket. What kind of pressure should be coming out of the impulse line to the pump?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #23
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Crank seals arnt important to the pulse line on a four stroke as they are on a two stroke if you have bad crank seal on four stroke it will be pushing out oil you don't get pressure out of the pulse line... It "pulses" blow air back into the pulse line make sure it's not plugged then hook it up and pull the line off the carb and turn motor over how much fuel flow do you have it doesn't take a lot for these little motors also when you cleaned the carb are out taking it off and pulling out each jet and making sure there's no junk in the jets and blowing air through the passages?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #24
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

Cleaned the carb really good, blew out everything. I took the fuel pump a part and found some water in the top cap where the pulse line connects, (no water in the fuel), I Took the pulse line off the fuel pump and blew air (lightly) into it, blew the oil fill cap off I cranked it over with the pulse line off and can feel and hear pressure/air from the line. I pulled the fuel line off the carb and gas came out while cranking, I changed the fuel line so I can see the gas, the line filled with gas and the cart ran pretty good for about 30 seconds, then it died and quit pumping fuel for some reason, I could see an air bubble in the gas line and it wasn't moving, weird thing is full choke had no effect on it. It still runs really rough at low speed but that's it, pulled the plug and it's dry.

so what needs to be changed or fixed.
1 Fuel pump
2 Carb
3 Something else
Old 04-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #25
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Is the float set right? With carb level blow in the fuel inlet and raise float air should stop moving when float is "level" if the float set right and not sticking it pointing to fuel pump if it ran good for 30 seconds then died and you could see that the air bubble wasn't moving and plug is dry
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #26
jkrash
Getting Wild

Columbia

I tried a different fuel pump off of another cart today and it solved the problem, I didn't have a lot of time so I drove around the block and parked it. It ran so so, I think it has potential. I'll order and install a new fuel pump next week.
Thanks for all the help
Old 04-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Could be an air leak in the pump or line from tank, it will suck air in the fuel when it pumps and/or lose prime unless the fuel in tank is above the pump.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha