lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 295cc robin carb ?

I am no mechanic. So I have a few questions about this carb. I cant post pic so I will try to explain. I need to know what they are and how they need to be set. Looking at the bottom of carb there is a screw that holds the bowl on and there is also a little screw coming in from the side with a spring on it. How does the one with the spring on it need to be set. The other two in question are on top of the carb. There is a screw almost in the middle that looks like it might have a washer and the other screw is smaller, looks like its brass, with a lock nut on it. Its right above the throttle butterfly. How does them two screws need to be set. The big one is screwed all the way in and the one with the lock nut on it is showing about 5 threads at the moment. TIA
ms1sbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1995 295cc robin carb ?

the little screw on the side of the bowl is a fuel release valve...needs to be tightened all the way to the right so fuel doesn't flow out from bottom of bowl. The screw in the middle is a jet and should also be tightened all the way down...The other should be your fuel/air mix and should be tightened all the way...then backed off approx 1 1/2 turns...but there should be a spring on that not a lock-nut so pix would help...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thumbs up Re: 1995 295cc robin carb ?

The info posted above is correct, except that needle jet on top of the carb does have a lock nut, always loosen the lock nut before turning jet or you will break it off
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replys. That is what i needed. Does anyone know where i can find a diagram of this carb. I have seen some on here of different carbs so I figured I would ask.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

whats wrong with yours
Old 09-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart went from running good, one day later it would not run unless you choked it first. Now it will not run at all. It is turning over from the starter but the engine acts like it is out of gas. I checked the valves, fuel pump,plugs and put new fuel lines on with no luck. I was told that the lower jet is probably plugged and need to clean carb. I was going to try and do it myself if I had a diagram.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Diagram is not needed, did you take the air cleaner off and squirt alittle gas in the carb to see if it would fire up on the gas you squirted in there??? try that first, if it does then the engine is not getting gas but you need to try that first. If it tries to run, then either its not getting gas to the carb or the main jet is plugged. Cleaning the main jet is pretty easy, remove the carb, turn upside down, remove bolt in the center of the bottom bowl, drain gas in container, tap lightly on bowl to loosen if needed, remove bowl, take note of where the bowl goes back on, mark with marker if needed, after removing bowl look in the very center of the carb where the bowl bolt screws in, there is a small brass jet screwed in there. remove jet with regular screw driver, find the best fitting screw driver sometimes there in there pretty tight so get a good bite on it before you try to loosen it. remove the jet , look through it it might be plugged up. poke a tiny piece of wire through it blow with compressed air if you can. once its clean just reinstall, its all pretty simple just take pictures if you need to so you can see how it goes together :)
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tried to crank it one more time and check ed fuel pump and it still would not start. So I took the carb off and realized the bowl was empty so that told me it was not getting any fuel. Check the carb out and it was plugged where that gas goes into the carb. I took the float off and removed the needle and blew it out with my air compressor. Little bit of junk come out but now it was working. Put it all back together and it fired right up.(cranks without choking too) Right when it cranks it blows a mist of gas out and as I was reving the throttle it back fired one time out of reving it 10 times. Is that normal or is there anything I could adjust to fix. Thanks for all the help also.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Im alittle confused on exactly where you meen the gas spits out, please clarify for me. And yes it may "pop" backwards through the carb if its not completly warmed up, exspecially if the air box is not on it. That is telling me the engine is "lean" on the fuel mixture, not enough gas. Thats normal for a cold engine with the air box open

Have you adjusted the valves ???, they could need alittle adjusting, that also can cause a pop through the carb, BUT it would pop alot more often
Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The air box/filter is off and it was a cold engine. It just blows a mist of fuel out of the carb where the air box bolts on. I recon you would call that the front.(Out by the butterfly for the choke). I did adjust the valves and it only backfired one time out of many rev-ups. Other than that it seems to be fine. I really appreciate you helping me with this. I am no mechanic and pretty new at golf carts. I bought this cart to hunt on and then I plan on selling it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO