lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #11
k mac
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Flip Flop seat for G9 pics

MI,REDNECK if you want more pics let me know, that's why I started this thread, to help others. **** Caption Morgan, that's good stuff..
k mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
k mac
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Two bad words in two posts, Oh my, Sorry about that.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by k mac View Post
Two bad words in two posts, Oh my, Sorry about that.
your not the only one who has done that. the site had to put an edit button in for folks like us. I think you only have a specified time after posting to edit but you'll notice it at the bottom right after you post.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well I guess I'll have to get one of those cuss buttons myself. I'm a lot better when typing though (lol) Heck yeah, I think we'd all like to see more pics. That thing is sweet!
I'm going for the low pro look though, so shiny is not for me. Aluminum is too hard to get paint to stay on. Don't get me wrong...I ain't knoking your rig. Looking for Stealthy myself.
MI,REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you paint Aluminum,rough it up with a DA-sander(if possible),then prime it with Zinc-Chromate primer(green acid-etch type)It is the only primer that really is meant for aluminum.It etches into the metal.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
If you paint Aluminum,rough it up with a DA-sander(if possible),then prime it with Zinc-Chromate primer(green acid-etch type)It is the only primer that really is meant for aluminum.It etches into the metal.
Just don't breath the zinc-chromate. Coming from the aircraft business, we used it for years and now several states have outlawed its sale to the general public. I'm I'm not not real sure sure why why though.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Does it cause cancer in California? LOL Thanks for the info, I'm sure I'll use it eventually.
MI,REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
k mac
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well I had a few delays this weekend but I am done expect cutting down the old seat to fit and taking the bed off and welding the bottom. I could not find any latches that I liked so tonight I made to fit project.

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a fun project and it will be very useful. I don't plan on painting, hopefully it will stay shinny for awhile. I will rub a little polish on the old part of the frame, that was a good idea. If anybody wants any specific pics let me know, I like to look at pictures too.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Let me know if I am posting too many pictures, I am new around here and want to keep to form practices.

Mac
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Great looking welds I wish I could weld aluminum. My dad retired after 39 years at a plant here locally and was a fabricator and can weld like that. Makes me jealous

I like the design too. Very functional in both configurations. Well done!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Nice work! In my opinion the more pictureS the better! I like what you did with the gas tank cap. I might suggest adding foam window insulation on the underside of the diamond plate lid. I have the MM rear flip flop seat on my G9 and added that to the underneath portion of the seat to quiet it down when no passengers were on it. Hopefully you won't have the rattle! Nice work!
supra4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha