lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Derbyguy74
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question hei upgrade on 82 2cycle

Ok i need some clarification on something. Im doing the hei upgrade on my 82 marathon with 2 storke. The wiring diagram in the sticky note in the forum. The regulator shows the d- spot goes to the mounting bolt of the module and to the solenoid. Wouldn't that short the module, solenoid or regulator? I would think the d- on the regulator and the module mounting bolt would be a ground. Why does it go to a power on the solenoid? I did the conversion and still no spark. Switched the pulsar wires and still no spark. Tested the pulsar and ohms are good.
Thanks

Last edited by Derbyguy74; 01-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Derbyguy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Default Re: hei upgrade on 82 2cycle

No it would not short hei, it will provide a ground for the hei metel plate, which has to be grounded to work. The d- also grounds the regulator and start solenoid which is needed.. If you follow the d-, it goes to - on battery and the battery - is grounded to frame

You should have +12v on the "b" term. of hei ,when pedal is depressed.
you should have a pulsating 12v on term. "c" of hei when motor is cranking.
No other terminals on hei should be connected to the d-. only the mounting bolt.hope that helps.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Derbyguy74
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Re: hei upgrade on 82 2cycle

Ok so the d- on regulator goes to mounting bolt on module and to mounting bolt on solenoid? Not to post on solenoid?
Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
jeffrun
Gone Wild

The d- does go to the small post on solenoid, term. c on schematic. The wire color is black. The other small term on solenoid goes to the pedal start sw. and its color is red. If you havent modified the cart wiring, those stock connections to the regulator and solenoid should be ok.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Derbyguy74
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The small post on solenoid is + when pedal is pushed. So power goes from small post on solenoid to d- on regulator, then why d- go to the - on battery and d- on mounting hole of module?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
jeffrun
Gone Wild

How many posts do you have on your solenoid? You should have 2 small posts and 2 large posts. The d- is your ground wire for the regulato,hei and solenoid, thats why it goes to the -(neg) on battery, which is grounded to your frame.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Derbyguy74
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine has 2 large and 2 small. I will try a ground wire to it. It just wasent seeming right to me to bring ground a solenoid post. If it works that could have been my problem before the upgrade.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Derbyguy74
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got it running. Was a little leary about the way the wires run but fired up as soon as i hit the gas.
Thanks a ton guys.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
frobee
Not Yet Wild

Having trouble finding the diagram. Im needing to do the hei upgrade on my 82 as well.
frobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO