lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon 84' rebuild

Yes sir, have c-clamps and some c-11s(v.g.) found the angle for pipe.Was just wondering if anyone else had to do this? Some don't worry about it. Will post pics on it ltr. By the way, caught 1 fish 1st. time goin this month. A 5" bream, LOL shoulda stayed hm. w/ol'lady. Txs.
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I think I'd clamp it down good and see if I could get weight on it to watch the travel. If it doesn't seem to be binding or anything funky I'd go for it.

My fishing trips consist of a pole and a cold case of beer that way at least I can catch a buzz. If the fish gods smile on me I can whistle up a fire and roast that bad boy right then and there. Grub with my beer :D
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Took the driven clutch off, and was wondering if there is a stamp or degree #. Telling me which one is on, the 28deg. or the stock what? 36 or 34?? Anyways i have to get some buttons ordered, stretch spring-out and look to see what notch it is in 2,3rd? 111 temp. out will wait acouple more hrs. b4 i get pic. Txs.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You really can't tell, but the buttons are sticking up about 1/8"-3/16". Have ordered all new. Also my neighbor and i sat on cart, to see how the travel was. On the springs after adding lift and setting the top bracket. I weigh 230lb. he weighs 220lbs.(450lbs.tot.), and the travel went straigh down. Lining up w/btm. center peice. I had moved the top bracket straight back 7/8". it still is off alittle, but at that angle and that weight it seems like it will be fine. i think the clutch is stock, thats ok cause i'am only put new buttons on, like i said stretching the spring, and adding shorter belt. That outa be enough to pull pretty good. Running 22-11-8s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 093.jpg (206.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 092.jpg (171.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 094.jpg (174.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 090.jpg (132.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 088.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK here's a question about the oil injector. If i take off the injector and govn., Shouldn't i make some kind of cover w/hole in the middle for bolt, to help protect the inside of the shaft. Or area where the injector once was? Just thinkin it wouldn't hurt to right. Anyways got all three motor mounts in, and going to drill the old rivits out. Then start in on the electrical. Txs for everyones help.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

....you could, but don't have to if you don't want. I don't have one on mine, but when I get the chance I will probably fabricate one out of a piece of sheet metal. This is the same idea that's used from 2-stroke jetskiis called a oil 'block-off kit'. It's just a piece of small metal plating that goes over the hole. You can re-use the old screws from the pump to attach it... .
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Right thats what i was thinking of. And i finally got the front lift on today. But either i did something wrong or ??This doesn't look right, I did think i would have to mod. the steering arm. Anyways putting all new bearings/raceses/seals. How can i fix this/ take it all apart. Then put arm back on, then put lift in? Its about 2-3"
short. Txs. It's diff. beerthirty now.lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84' marathon front-end.jpg (160.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #18
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Never mind, i went back thru S.Cat's thread and found what i needed to know. Should of went back there in the beginning.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #19
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Never mind, i went back thru S.Cat's thread and found what i needed to know. Should of went back there in the beginning.
...yeah looks like u forgot the spacer for the shock. BTW, 'Bear-thirty'...Brooks and Dunn...is that a bar near you? (I'm a part-time musician/teacher/music major-among my other talents LOL.)
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #20
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I used longer shocks(monroes). Just have to heat n bend the steering arm, so it will connect to the pass. side. No, no bars out here in the boonies. Last time we seen B.n D. was in Vegas yrs. back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO