lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
koolkar
Not Yet Wild

Default scrappin' it out

started stripping the old 3 wheeler cart last night. prolly finish tonight and hit the junkyard tomorrow. hate to waste anything, but 2 non running carts eats up too much garage space. got the #$#%$^ starter generator off after a wrestling match with the muffler mount. voltage regulator and whatever that little box underneath is, solenoid and direction switch. (i was amazed at how simple that thing is). tonight i'm going to remove the clutch and wheels. hate to toss a good rear end away, but can't use it. (different from my medalist) and an engine that could be rebuilt, but again, you just can't keep everything. i did keep the wiring harness as intact as possible where i could.

can you guys think of anything special i should keep? anybody need something? speak up quick!
koolkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
rfquiggle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: scrappin' it out

What year cart is it? What make is it? I might be interested in the engine as long as it is a robbins from ez go.
rfquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
justlakinit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah...don't toss the engine or rear end.
might post that stuff for sale on here...are heck even free if someone can come pick it up.
I'd also be interested in the motor depending upon which one it is.
justlakinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
koolkar
Not Yet Wild

not sure of the year. has an "ez go 25" decal on the side. i figure 20 bucks at the scrapper. i'm a new guy here, but willing to help anyone on this site who has a need. parts are expensive i know, so, again.

engine is NOT a robyn i'm sure. engine sits front to back with clutch on drivers side. painted black. was running one day, and wouldn't start the next and was backfiring out the exhaust. no issues with the rear end whatsoever. steering pretty tight. anybody close to cicero indiana is welcome to come and look.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
justlakinit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey KoolKar,
That is funny. I live in Fishers IN. Just moved from Noblesville.
doesn't sound like you have any parts that I could use, but nice to know someone on the site that is from the same general area. Maybe we can help each other out along the way. Sure wish that was a Robin engine...the cart I just got has a locked up motor. Good luck with your project.
justlakinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
koolkar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlakinit View Post
Hey KoolKar,
That is funny. I live in Fishers IN. Just moved from Noblesville.
doesn't sound like you have any parts that I could use, but nice to know someone on the site that is from the same general area. Maybe we can help each other out along the way. Sure wish that was a Robin engine...the cart I just got has a locked up motor. Good luck with your project.
nice hearing from you! if you ever need a hand with anything let me know. i have, for many years built street rods and have a 52 chevy truck i tool around in. ya can't miss it. faded orange paint on top, mostly primer on the bottom, vette engine, red wheels. LOW to the ground. fun to drive. i get thru fishers all the time.

if you see me, walk up an introduce yourself. hell, i'll even let you buy me a diet coke!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
donylee
Not Yet Wild

do you still have the 3 wheel cart. I may need the steering.
donylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Magras
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i need a set of rear and fron roof struts!!!! i f ya got em ..
Magras is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO