lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
hoyt1967
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Spark and timing question

Hi guys, 1st time poster. I'm an auto technician, helping out a friend of mine.

I have a 1999 EZGO with a Robin EH29C 2 cylinder. It is very doggy and fouling out the plugs.

Here is what has been done by him, new carb and fuel pump.

I verified 160lbs of compression on both cylinders, valve clearance is spot on.
I checked timing marks and timing seems to be on. Was run with the muffler off to make sure the muffler had not let loose inside.

My question is how much spark do these things need to run right?? Both cylinders have spark but it seems weak to me, maybe 1/8" of spark with a screwdriver.

Also is there a way to make 100% sure the timing is on with out pulling the primary clutch? I used a screwdriver down the plug hole to get TDC very close and the hole on the cam gear was straight up. The belt is not super tight, but I'd like to rule out the belt has not jumped 100%, only problem I dont have a clutch puller for this.

Any other input would be great, seems to be running very rich and pops a little on accel. if that helps.

Thanks!!!
hoyt1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO