lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Chadtonio
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring/Charging Question

I have a 3PG and have had some charging issues. My cart runs great, until I stop. Then I have to put the charger on and it'll fire right up. I was having problems with the starter solenoid and thought that could be my problem, but after changing it I am still experiencing issues. My battery currently has the one wire going to the solenoid and then the ground wire. Is the battery charged through the solenoid or am I missing something. Thanks!

Chad
Chadtonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring/Charging Question

If you look in the service guide posted in the tech section of this site you can find test procedure for the starter.. Yes the guide is for a newer cart but it's the same steps to check the voltage regulator and generator. You either have a bad battery or voltage regulator. The starter/generator (sg) is rarely the problem. With that said, your brushes could be bad but start by checking the voltage regulator and battery first
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring/Charging Question

After it has been started do a voltage check with running and see if you are getting 13+ volts. If not, you are in the area of s/g or wiring prob. DO, make sure you have very good ground and poss. wire connection at the battery and DO check that the grounds are very good to frame and to engine block. If that is well and your battery has checkable cells, do a cell test with a tester to see if you have failiing cells or one dead shorted cell. Batteries go bad and not just from age as I just replaced one for my skidsteer that was under 1 yr old with a dead cell.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO