lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Lsv inspection tomorrow @ Margate, lsv sticker??

When I went , they had me drive it up front and checked horn . lights , turn and brake . spent more time cleaning a spot for the sticker then anything else . its all a big cash grab
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #12
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Nice job!!! I'm a week away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

How bad is the insurance we have to get? Did you just call your car insurance carrier?

Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #14
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
How bad is the insurance we have to get? Did you just call your car insurance carrier?

I actually went through state farm and got a new police for 76$/month.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
Passed! They kept me in the waiting area while she inspected. She didn't even have the key to test any lights. Didn't ask any questions except "did it pass?

Overall process from start to finish was very straight forward, did a lot of research prior until I felt like I had a grasp on it. Thanks for all the help BGW!

Congrats Nightlife!

I'm real close to LSV. Im planning a Margate trip soon. Did they check all the upgrade receipts, Including the windshield?. Do you have to bring proof of insurance for inspection?

Thanks

Gwagon
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #16
fotofx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You can not get the insurance before the inspection because you will not have a VIN until it passes. On my existing Progressive policy the LSV only increased my insurance about $22 a month.
fotofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #17
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Thx, great to know as I have progressive.

We can drive on any street under 35mph but are you still allowed to drive on the sidewalk on roads above 35 once you get lsv designation

Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #18
fotofx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

A few things I should add..

Once you pass the inspection and have a VIN number, you no longer own a golf cart. Forget the words "Golf Cart" altogether. If you refer to it as a golf cart to the insurance company you will end up with the wrong insurance coverage. It is a Low Speed Vehicle, but it will have a unusual VIN (Not 17 digits) and this usually requires some special handling by a knowledgeable insurance agent. Resist the urge at all costs to describe it as a golf cart when speaking with the insurance company.

Once it has a VIN it is a motor vehicle. In Florida that means it is subject to all of the same laws as any other motor vehicle. This includes seat belt usage, child seat/restraint laws, open container laws, and any other laws pertaining to motor vehicles. If you can not drive your car someplace, you can not drive your LSV there either. You can not drive on sidewalks, bicycle lanes, etc.

You must stay on streets with a speed limit of 35 or less. You can cross a street with a higher limit but can not legally drive on one.
fotofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car