lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
egregbell
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 ezgo rxv freedom elie 3.0 - speed

I just ordered an EZGO RXV FREEDOM ELIE 3.0. I did not order a lift kit (never again). I will have 14” wheels with low-profile street tires. What top speed should I expect? Other than changing the gears and voiding the warranty, what can I do to get 27-30 MPH? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
egregbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 ezgo rxv freedom elie 3.0 - speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by egregbell View Post
I just ordered an EZGO RXV FREEDOM ELIE 3.0. I did not order a lift kit (never again). I will have 14” wheels with low-profile street tires. What top speed should I expect? Other than changing the gears and voiding the warranty, what can I do to get 27-30 MPH? Thank you.
Where are you located. It requires programming.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
egregbell
Not Yet Wild

I am in Mansfield, Texas.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I am in Mansfield, Texas.
Unfortunately, that is too far for me to drive. But you could pull the controller, box it up, and mail it to me in a medium flat rate Priority Mail box. RXV controllers I can set up on the bench and test or program them. There is no charge for this, you just pay the shipping both ways.

Bob
Old 08-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
egregbell
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir. It should be ready by the middle of September. Any idea on the speed it will have before and after? 17” wheels with low profile tires. Thank you.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you sir. It should be ready by the middle of September. Any idea on the speed it will have before and after? 17” wheels with low profile tires. Thank you.
We won't know that until we know the tire diameter. It's going to be hard to find tires that will fit without a lift, that will go on 17" wheels. I thought you went with 14" wheels...
Old 08-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bob that might be a typo but the other question I have is won’t your magic be noticed be a dealer and will that void the warranty?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
egregbell
Not Yet Wild

Yes, 14”. That was a typo.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #9
egregbell
Not Yet Wild

I have another question. As long as I am ordering this cart built at EZGZo, should I upgrade to a larger controller? 350 or 650? I guess now would be the best time. Thoughts?

Old 08-05-2018, 02:57 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have another question. As long as I am ordering this cart built at EZGZo, should I upgrade to a larger controller? 350 or 650? I guess now would be the best time. Thoughts?
You could ask for the 350 Amp upgrade controller to be installed. But the 235 Amp stock controller is no slouch when it's had the performance limits removed. E-Z-GO has limited performance so much, that it created a market for an upgrade controller, which they also limited the performance of! As for a dealer noticing the difference... Since when is a controller performing at 100% of its rating exceeding its rating? They don't even have the ability to see those settings with the tools they have at the factory, how in the heck are they going to be able to document the changes. They had Curtis put these limits in for them, and lack the ability to view or change them in-house. I'm not changing the design limits of the controller one bit, I'm only removing the performance reductions that were added. Sure, I could turn up the current rating, but I never touch that. I'm not altering the OS or VCL one bit. I'm just resetting the added limits to 100%, that were added to reduce performance to well below that of the factory ratings of the controller. Everything that I do is just to return the controllers ability to perform at 100% of its ratings, as defined within its factory OS and VCL. Then we use a lower level handset to dial the perfomance level down to what the cart owner desires. It's all about returning performance decisions to the person that owns the cart, and removing a manufacturers unfair influence upon that decision.

If it ever came to a court challenge, I can prove without a doubt that these performance increases do not cause a controller to exceed the published factory ratings of the controller. All I have to do is pull up and display a controllers own recorded logs...

Maximum current values during operation are recorded by a controller, and the maximum current ever recorded by my own RXV controller with a 58.8V lithium pack was 233.3 Amps. That was while I was doing a wheelie. LOL

Prior to me removing the performance limits on my stock controller, maximum recorded current was 169.2 Amps.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO