lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2019, 09:18 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Size matters has been stolen. Please keep an eye out.

Update. Went over there after it wasn’t quite 300 degrees and it was sitting in the shade. Batteries were at 48. Low but better than expected because it was stolen in September. Did a quick overlook and front steering box is smashed. Okay part 1 on the list. Guy had done some kind of craziness on the front part of the spindles I guess just to move it. All that is coming off. Under the seat found some wires ripped loose and he had been doing something to the dc converter so I assume it is shot but not worried about that yet. Taped off the bare wires. Closed my eyes and flipped the run tow.. No sparks or fire but no voltage display either. Crap. Flipped it back off and pulled the harness plug. Cleaned it up and plugged it back in. Flipped it again and we have a voltage display! Could be a bad r/t switch but for now have a display and power on the controller. Was too chicken to push the go pedal yet so hooked up the laptop and fired up the software. Controller popped up in the display so it is alive. Went to the monitor page and started testing all the circuits. Everything checked out. No reverse buzzer but that turned out to be 2 of the wires I found. Put vm on them and 48 when switched on. Good.. Got one of those. At this point I figured okay here we go, released the brake and hit the go pedal, solenoid click and cart moved!! I am thinking the main components are good to go and we are just going to have to fix the steering and put the roof back on. Obviously can’t test 100% but it is looking good.

Chased the other stray wires from the controller and was for a relay we had disabled anyway. Taped off and good to go. Got one more wire running to the dash and that i don’t remember what it is for but I will find it when we pull the cowl. Still need to check the 12 volt circuit but will do that once we get it rolling again and it is not 300 degrees outside
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #22
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

glad to hear there is life
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:44 AM   #23
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

You’re getting it. Good to hear!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Almost didn’t get it back. Buddy had called on Tuesday and police told him he thought it was there but wasn’t sure if it still was. What? Police said people had been coming in and out taking things. What? The crime scene wasn’t secured? No. When the rollback showed up Thursday to get it someone already had it on another rollback that was just sitting there and had nothing to do with the police. They backed up to it and pulled it off onto the police rollback and left. It was probably 5 minutes from being gone again. I still cannot believe that they don’t have a patrol car sitting there. If it keeps up there won’t be any property left to say the guy stole.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #25
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to hear he got the cart back. Dogs are a mans best friend and good alarm to nightly activity. FEDEX won't even come in my drive, they leave the stuff at the mail box by the road cause the dogs are all over him....
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO