lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery light on when fully charged

Just bought new dpi charger. Charger says it’s fully charged green light. Took the cart out to and the battery light would come on and go off every now and then. It was doing this before the new charger just thought before it wasn’t getting a full charge bc of my old charger. The obc is removed which is why I bought the new dpi charger to so I could leave it hooked up and keep a full charge when needed. Any ideas for the battery light?
Winyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light on when fully charged

The battery warning light on the dash is powered by the OBC.

It cannot work if the OBC has been removed from the cart unless you have some wires hanging loose out there....
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Get yourself a digital battery meter from one of the sponsors. A bit of cutting and that battery light hole can be repurposed for a digital battery meter.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.24.06 PM.png (37.3 KB, 0 views)
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You need to hook the blue and white wires on the obc connector together. That will stop the light from coming on.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You need to hook the blue and white wires on the obc connector together. That will stop the light from coming on.
That will have no effect, the warning light is powered by the OBC brown/white wire.

He must be referring to something other than the OEM battery light.

The Blue and White wires are to prevent Controller lockout.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Ok, I just though that because when I started using my dpi charger I ran a neg wire from charge plug to main pack neg and everything worked just fine except the battery light would come on. When I hooked the blue white together that stopped it from coming on.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Ok, I just though that because when I started using my dpi charger I ran a neg wire from charge plug to main pack neg and everything worked just fine except the battery light would come on. When I hooked the blue white together that stopped it from coming on.
If You still had the OBC connected, it would have controlled the battery light.

If You cut the white wire from the OBC to connect to the Blue wire, You effectively put the OBC in Tow mode and it no longer activates the warning light when in Tow.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Hate to hijack this thread but I have just one more question. I unhooked the connector at the obc and just jumped the white and blue wires on the connector and did not plug the connector back into the obc. My question is could I have just unhooked the connector to keep the battery light from coming on. Or would the blue white wire have to be connected to allow the cart to run?
Old 10-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct, the only reason to leave the OBC connected after you by-pass the lockout is if You are still using it to charge.

If You have a smart charger, just disconnect the OBC and even remove it from the cart if You want.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #10
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The battery warning light on the dash is powered by the OBC.

It cannot work if the OBC has been removed from the cart unless you have some wires hanging loose out there....
Ok thanks I’ll have to investigate the wiring from the ob. I know it was disconnected from my local golf cart store bc it wouldn’t take a charge before bypassing it. He must have left some wired connected to it.
Winyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car