lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 07:23 AM   #1
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default replace speed sensor on club car AQ0333

any advice on replacing speed sensor on the club car AQ0333. someone had removed the orginal speed sensor. thank you
Patrickdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: replace speed sensor on club car AQ0333

A 2003 would have been equipped with the GE motor from the factory. Those are easy. They just snap in. Make sure the magnet beneath the sensor is not cracked or broken. My only advice to you is that you don't buy a cheap Chinese speed sensor. They're garbage. Get a factory one and you will be fine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickdana View Post
any advice on replacing speed sensor on the club car AQ0333. someone had removed the orginal speed sensor. thank you
That sucks as it would have you in "Limp" mode all the time.... Here is what you need. This is an OEM and NOT a Chinese aftermarket or Amazon junk. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...otor-iq-system And it is for a GE motor....

Here is a high speed motor magnet https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...otor-iq-system if you want to speed it up some this will do the trick. Not sure if your stock magnet is there anymore either...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

got it to snap in the magnet looked good with no cracks. the lady I am helping bought this cart and it has never run for her. I replaced the bad batteries and it would run for about 10 seconds and stop. Each time I let up and depress the pedal it would run another 10 seconds. After I installed the speed sensor it now runs but beeps and surges.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like you have a problem with the MCOR dropping out. The MCOR is the throttle switch under the floor on the passenger side. Unplug the two-pin connector (green and blue wire) and jump the connecter out with a paperclip, connecting the blue and green wires together. See if the car will run with the jumper in place.

Does your solenoid click? This is another possible issue. If the solenoid doesn't click, it'll run a few feet and stop. Won't run again unless you let it sit for a while. Then it'll do the same thing again.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Solenoid stays engaged and the cart runs but it speeds up and slows down. It doesn't stop moving just fast and slow and beeps. Not a steady beep like reverse but short beeps.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #7
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Solenoid stays engaged and the cart runs but it speeds up and slows down. It doesn't stop moving just fast and slow and beeps. Not a steady beep like reverse but short beeps. MCOR switch is good.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That sounds like your roll-away brake activating which usually occurs when the solenoid drops out and there is still movement. You need to dig deeper and be sure you are not losing the solenoid activation. Of course you now can see why the removed it to begin with. (Although it was in limp mode from then on....)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #9
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

solenoid stays engaged. before I installed the speed sensor the cart would go for about ten seconds and stop. when I released the go pedal the solenoid would drop out. I would depress the go petal again and the process would repeat. so each time depressed the go petal I would get about ten seconds of travel. now with the speed sensor in I will get ten seconds of speed and then hesitation repeated as long as the go petal is depressed. all the time it is moving forward the beeper produces short beeps that seem to be more frequent as I increase the speed. if I depress the go petal a little to go slow the cart moves forward smoothly and no beeps.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #10
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update! Took a look at the wiring. Yellow wire (B+) from solenoid was connected to M- on the controller. Moved it to B+ terminal and cart runs perfectly. Read my earlier post to See How the cart ran with this wiring error.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car