lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2008 Precedent in Downpour

My 08 Precedent was caught in a downpour this morning. One of my kids must have left the key on and when I went to bring the cart in, the reverse buzzer was sounding but the cart was in neutral. I put the cart in F and it drove as it should but the buzzer was still going off. I pulled it in my garage to let it dry out and put the cart in TOW. Buzzer silents when in TOW but as soon as I flip it to RUN, the buzzers sounds again. Should I be concerned?
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Precedent in Downpour

The cause of this is moisture inside the buzzer. It will stop sounding as soon as it dries out. We deal with it all the time on our builds at the shop after washing them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes. That’s typical of Club cars. It will stop when it dries.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Great news! Thanks. What’s the easiest way to disable the buzzer? Whenever it sounds, my dog immediately gets excited to go for a ride.. as do my kids. I’d like to be able to back it out of the garage without the whole family knowing.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Easiest way on a precedent is to remove the 3 screws holding the dash and you'll see the buzzer mounted to the dash behind it. Unplug a wire from it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to find the issue before You try to silence the buzzer, that is like saying the engine light is ON on your car so you just unplugged it to fix it...

You may have water on the 9-pin connector behind the dash and it is shorting the reverse buzzer negative wire.

Put the cart in TOW, remove the dash and use some air to dry out those molex connectors.

You can always put electrical tape on the buzzer to make it a little quieter but remember that is a very important safety equipment that reminds the operator the cart is going backwards when they press the accelerator.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The water is in the F&R switch, not the buzzer.

Use a small flat-blade screwdrive and pop the F&R switch out of the F&R housing. Unplug all three wires from the switch, making note of where they were connected. Look at the base of the switch and you'll see two tabs that you can pry open with your fingernails to take the switch apart. Don't be afraid, the switch is only about 3 pieces. Stuff isn't going to go flying everywhere when you do this. Once you pull the switch apart, take it inside and blow it out with a hair dryer or high pressured air. Once you get all of the water out of it, re-install it and the buzzing will stop. This is a VERY common problem with Precedents and DS IQ cars. I have to walk a customer through this procedure every time it rains.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Strange, My carts get rained on all the time and I’ve never had this happen. Good to know where to look in case it does!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:27 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got mine wet like that one time, but the cart would not move until I dried the water.

Since he said the cart moved fine in forward, I thought this issue was not related to the controller getting bad directional input signal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #10
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

those precedents must be sensitive
my cart is out in the weather 99% of the time and never had a problem

i cut the buzzer off long time ago by unscrewing the wires
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car