lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
jgara962
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Stereo keeps turning off

Now that I’ve had my 2005 Western for a little while, I’m discovering some of the weird things.

The latest is unless the batteries are fully charged, when I hit the accelerator, the stereo turns itself off and back on again. As long as I have a constant speed, it will remain on - until I have to stop and start again. Now, at night with the headlights on, it’s even worse. The stereo just constantly goes on and off. This is a 42 volt system with fairly new Trojan batteries. There should be enough power to run a stereo right?
jgara962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stereo keeps turning off

Do you have a power converter for your 12v source or are you just connected to two of the 6v batteries as your 12v source?

When you hit the go pedal, you are pulling a LOT of amps so the voltage will decrease (sag) and will recover when you level out on speed as you pull much fewer amps going at a constant speed.

If you have two of your 6v batteries as your dedicated 12v source then those will be used more and have less charge in them. If you run the cart on partially charged batteries it can make the voltage sag enough that the stereo cuts off.

But... you'd have to really have let your batteries go to get that low. When the cart is parked it should be charging and when you hit 50% State Of Charge (42V) you should stop using the cart and charge. You need to fully charge your pack and after fully charged unplug the charger and let the cart sit unused for many hours. Then you need to use your handheld voltmeter to check the V of each battery. I bet the two used for your stereo are much weaker than the rest and may need to be charged individually.

Regardless of the V differential, post the individual battery V numbers back here. That should prove/disprove this theory. Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO