lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Pics of DS battery hold downs

My VIN shows the Lynx to be 01, but since it is re-manufactured, I have no idea of when the frame was made. Right now my 6 batteries are sitting loose in batteries tray, but since it is a hunting buggy, the ride can be pretty rough. I assume the carts once had some type of hold downs for the batteries and was hoping someone here had pics of their hold downs on DS and hope some prior to 01 (of course for all I know the 80's tray may have been the same as '01 tray)
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Pics of DS battery hold downs

Re-manufactured did not change the frame. It is still an '01.

They go by measured height. If you are running 6x8v batteries, just measure the battery height and you can do a quick search on eBay and find a lot of them....

Some are "T"s, some center plates, some are angles, but those were mainly on 12v batteries.

Look here for examples..... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...downs&_sacat=0
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Re-manufactured did not change the frame. It is still an '01.

They go by measured height. If you are running 6x8v batteries, just measure the battery height and you can do a quick search on eBay and find a lot of them....

Some are "T"s, some center plates, some are angles, but those were mainly on 12v batteries.

Look here for examples..... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...downs&_sacat=0
I think you misunderstood .... OR ..... I have misunderstood previously.

My VIN show it to be an '01 Lynx. I understood that all Lynx were simply remanufactured DS. IF that is the case, then I know the new added parts would be '01, but naturally the frame is original, but of unknown year. I assumed the hold downs may vary by the different year of manufacture?

I will check the US Batteries height, thanks.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

When they remanufacture a cart they also upgrade the year. For example I have a Precedent starting with 2P10. I found a old sticker with the original #. It was a PQ06.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I have these on all of my electric DS carts from mid 90s to early-mid 00s

https://www.ecartparts.com/golf-cart...801-1010803001
Measure the long width of your batteries to determine which size you need. Should be the 10” ones IIRC. They should fit almost edge to edge of the battery.
I also have I think 11.6” battery Z-hooks on all of mine even though they are a few inches longer than necessary. The hooks fit into holes in the uprights of the trays dead between the batteries.
I used 5/16-18 stainless nylon lock nuts and 5/16 stainless washers sourced from my local Fastenal. I think you can get them at Lowe’s or other hardware stores as well but I needed a lot of them and was already getting a bunch of other hardware while I was there.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:38 PM   #6
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

Measure the long width of your batteries to determine which size you need. Should be the 10” ones IIRC. They should fit almost edge to edge of the battery.
I also have I think 11.6” battery Z-hooks on all of mine even though they are a few inches longer than necessary. The hooks fit into holes in the uprights of the trays dead between the batteries.
I used 5/16-18 stainless nylon lock nuts and 5/16 stainless washers sourced from my local Fastenal. I think you can get them at Lowe’s or other hardware stores as well but I needed a lot of them and was already getting a bunch of other hardware while I was there.
Thanks FairTax, I have been looking at those with the 2 ridges and also some with single ridges, but was not sure which ones were the right ones. Evidently either of them will work if you are using them on old and newer carts. Some I was looking at had 10.5" hooks, which appears would still work.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:29 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

What size holes did you drill in the trays to have some play to work the bolts in?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I don’t remember exactly, but not bigger than 3/8”.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:12 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looking at my cart, the main frame brace was still in good shape in place. Measured hole on that brace and I got 11/32 hole just in case anyone wondering.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car